• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thank a Vietnam vet!

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Veterans day is coming soon. As a recently returning Iraq war vet (2nd time), I want to remind people that too often we forget the forgotten war. I call Vietnam war the forgotten war because so many people have bad memories of that they tend to shrug it off. There are too many vets from then and the Korean War that are emotionally and physically destroyed and very few people tend to think about them. We can't ever forget that these people fought when it was not popular to support our fighting forces. They were treated as "baby killing" monsters when many of them did not have a choice. So with that in mind thank you all for the support that you give to the young soldiers but don't forget about those who never got the respect that they deserved for doing something that is terrible but needed. Honor those that served. Thank you again for spreading the word.

Sgt. Gabriel Logan,
Washington National Guard

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Seeing I served. I always thank a vet when I see one and I also thank currently serving service members!

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I thank veterans every chance I get, whether they've been to war or not.

I was chatting with an old guy in the grocery store recently. We were talking for a few minutes about nothing in particular before I noticed the "WWII Veteran" hat he was wearing. He told me stories for a good 20 minutes and I loved every second of it.

It's a shame that real American heroes can walk around unnoticed. If he didn't tell me, I never would have known that he had to watch kamikaze Japs crash into his ship at age 19.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
I thank my dad, he was on a naval destroyer ship stationed in various bases all over the world. People look at me funny when I say my dad's a nam vet, because im only 18 lol (he's 60)

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for bringing this up. I am a disabled vet and served as civilian in 72-74and from 81-90 as Navy. Back in 72-74 I worked at Just Mag Supply in Bangkok Thailand. I delivered Supplies and munitions. I got to see Saigon, Danang and Cambodia (my dad was stationed in Cambodia and I got to visit him a bunch of times).

Thanks to all who serve and who have served!!!!

Straycat

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Thanks!

THANK YOU goes out to those that served before and after me. I gave 14yrs and look at Desert Storm as my Vietnam, I know it wasn't the same or as BAD, but it was durin my time.

I a few years back, my Wife and I was out to dinner, and this couple was sittin behind us/behind my Wife, I didn't know that he was a Veteran till I read his baseball cap, it said "Proudly Served, US Navy, and his ships name (SORRY don't remember its name)", I told my Wife what his hat said, she thought that was KOOL..... I grabbed the waitress, and told her I wanted to pay their bill, I walked back to the register with her & paid it, when they finished and asked for the bill, she told them it was already taken care of and pointed to us, the gentleman saluted me, I returned the salute, and his Wife patted my Wife on the shoulder and said "THANK YOU!"

The followin weekend after that encounter, I had a custom plate made for my DD, all THANKS to GOD for the BLESSING of runnin into that Veteran/couple:

My FIL was in the Marines and served durin the Korean War and won't talk bout it with his children or nobody, very reclusive as far as that part of his life, says he did things he don't want to talk bout............so we RESPECT his wishes, but my Wife and her Sister have dug around and found some OLD pics of him in uniform, and unit. Pretty interestin pics...........

THANKS AGAIN!!!

UPDATE: Wife and I went to dinner tonight for my Birthday........I was tellin her bout this thread and what I had posted.........she remembers the Veterans ship...."USS INDIANAPOLIS", he was a WWII Veteran. Just wanted to fill in the blanks so to speak!

Last edited:

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This guy ran my store before me(I cant post his name,it will make him paranoid...lol)
He drove a 5 ton 6X6 carrying ammo and supplys.He helps me at the drop of a hat,all I have to do is call.Really great guy.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
Thank you to each and everyone of you whom has taken the oath,put on the uniform and carried out your duty!

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
THANK YOU goes out to those that served before and after me. I gave 14yrs and look at Desert Storm as my Vietnam, I know it wasn't the same or as BAD, but it was durin my time.

I a few years back, my Wife and I was out to dinner, and this couple was sittin behind us/behind my Wife, I didn't know that he was a Veteran till I read his baseball cap, it said "Proudly Served, US Navy, and his ships name (SORRY don't remember its name)", I told my Wife what his hat said, she thought that was KOOL..... I grabbed the waitress, and told her I wanted to pay their bill, I walked back to the register with her & paid it, when they finished and asked for the bill, she told them it was already taken care of and pointed to us, the gentleman saluted me, I returned the salute, and his Wife patted my Wife on the shoulder and said "THANK YOU!"

The followin weekend after that encounter, I had a custom plate made for my DD, all THANKS to GOD for the BLESSING of runnin into that Veteran/couple:

My FIL was in the Marines and served durin the Korean War and won't talk bout it with his children or nobody, very reclusive as far as that part of his life, says he did things he don't want to talk bout............so we RESPECT his wishes, but my Wife and her Sister have dug around and found some OLD pics of him in uniform, and unit. Pretty interestin pics...........

THANKS AGAIN!!!
How much do you think it would cost to have another one of those made? My old man retired after 28 years from the USAF. We all still call him Cheif...

chvlfrk

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
How much do you think it would cost to have another one of those made? My old man retired after 28 years from the USAF. We all still call him Cheif...
======================================
PM sent:icon_thumby:

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks to all our vets. both my grandfathers served one in the Reconstruction in Europe with the corps of engineers the other was on the USS Intrepid and was in the guard for most his life. i would have carried on the tradition but I'm not able to serve so i do what i can for our boys back here.

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for all the help on this one folks, I did forget one very important branch of the military that goes without thanks as often as not. The family. I could not do what I do without my Wife! And the rest of the family supports her... They are all amazing...

chvlfrk

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
Thanks for all the help on this one folks, I did forget one very important branch of the military that goes without thanks as often as not. The family. I could not do what I do without my Wife! And the rest of the family supports her... They are all amazing...
==============================================
AMEN to that!!! I can honestly say "Been there, done that"!!!

fordktpjoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
While we're on the subject of Vietnam vets, I'd like to note that we just lost another one three weeks ago.

My father died on Oct. 10, 2009 of renal failure. He was 62. Liver was eaten up with cancer.

He did three tours in 'Nam. 1966, 1967, and 1968.

This one's for you Pop. :beer:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals