• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I want a 12ga black powder muzzle loader.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, that would be hilarious. It would take full auto since it'd be so inaccurate at that range. It sure would sling some shot. Definitely a sweet gun.
Can you imagine what that bitch would do loaded with hollow point slugs?

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic

ok, none of these are mine, but theyre a few friends:

this picture was taken late april of this year.

Left to Right: Mossberg 12g, $120 walmart .22, remington 700 tactical, mauser 8mm, marlin 60 .22, remington 870 tactical, Ak, (top to bottom) taurus 9mm, smith and wesson .40cal, walther p99, and a walther p22. boy that was a fun day.

new arrivals: my room mate has the 870, a stag AR-15, and a Remington 700 with a super sniper scope.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My main gun is a Mossberg 500 20ga youth. I prefer the feel and compactness of it over a fullsize gun... when I am deer hunting in the dead of winter all my extra clothes puts it back to where a fullsize gun is with a t-shirt on. I have a shot barrel and a slug barrel... but no pictures. I like the flatter shooting 20ga slug over a 12ga for hunting and it has more than enough punch once it gets to the target.

My secondary is a H&R Sidekick .50 caliber blackpowder rifle. Fun to shoot... and might see some deer hunting action depending on weather. I took the scope off, it didn't really fit all that well once I started shooting it.

My backup this year will be a .44 blackpowder Remington 1858 New Army clone. It is surprisingly difficult to hit anything up close with a shot gun shooting slugs sighted in for 80yds, which is where this will come in. I got a U.S. cavelry flap holster to keep it from getting beat up as I drag in thru the brush.

My light duty gun is a Mossberg International 702 Plinkster .22LR. Shoots pretty darn accurate is a lot of fun just to fill tin cans with holes.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Man a lot of you guys have ARs... I've been wanting a Savage in .204, .223 or .308 for a while now. I would love an M1A but damn they're expensive!

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
74DUSTER
You are going to fit right in real fine when you move back to Mossine. Going to have to go out to the range and have some fun. Didn't remember that you also had a 302 Ranger. You got a Duster also? Got to get to Gander Mountain in the morning to stock up on some things I guess. I do still have Grand pa's old model 1897 Winchester 12 Ga with the 30" barrel, brother has his S&W model 91 5 shot 38 cal he carried out west when he was a train conductor.
Dave

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
I want a 12ga black powder muzzle loader.
Do you mean the Mossberg muzzle loader barrel for a 12gauge shotgun?

Can you imagine what that bitch would do loaded with hollow point slugs?
Probably knock you over quite quickly. If kept on target, i'd do a little something... By little something I mean total destruction.

On a side note, I have found my new gun...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvncpT4EVzQ

On another side note, my daily driver dream...
http://ropkeyarmormuseum.com/video/M4A3E8_FieldRun_Large.wmv

The Easy Eight baby! Nothing like 1100 cubes of pure ford muscle, backed with a 76mm main gun, 2 .30 1919's and Ma Deuce on the turret.

Man I wish I had the money. Someday i'll be collecting those kinds of guns...
________
Medigap Advice

Last edited:

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
74DUSTER
You are going to fit right in real fine when you move back to Mossine. Going to have to go out to the range and have some fun. Didn't remember that you also had a 302 Ranger. You got a Duster also? Got to get to Gander Mountain in the morning to stock up on some things I guess. I do still have Grand pa's old model 1897 Winchester 12 Ga with the 30" barrel, brother has his S&W model 91 5 shot 38 cal he carried out west when he was a train conductor.
Dave
We'll have to have a meet at the range. I'd have to say that Marathon county has THE best shooting range out there... I'm sick of having to wait for everyone to stop shooting to check/change targets. I miss the damn trenches!

And no, sadly, I don't have a duster. Almost had one, but the deal never went through. Again, someday...

The Gander up there has to be one of the best around also. Not only are the guns out so you can look at them without having to wait 30 minutes for someone to help you, but they have TONS of them. The ones here suck.
________
FLOOR PLAN TWO AND A HALF MEN

Last edited:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You like that "BiG" stuff, then every Aug at Iola they have a big military show.

Chaser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Probably knock you over quite quickly. If kept on target, i'd do a little something... By little something I mean total destruction.

On a side note, I have found my new gun...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvncpT4EVzQ

On another side note, my daily driver dream...
http://ropkeyarmormuseum.com/video/M4A3E8_FieldRun_Large.wmv

The Easy Eight baby! Nothing like 1100 cubes of pure ford muscle, backed with a 76mm main gun, 2 .30 1919's and Ma Deuce on the turret.

Man I wish I had the money. Someday i'll be collecting those kinds of guns...

look up a .950 Jd Jones cartidge...

its a rifled bullet with ~35000lb/ft of power, i forget how many FPS... but its insane... with a bullet thats only .05 inches short of 1"

my next gun is going to be a HK USP in 45 ACP

After that, A Remington chambered in 338 Lapua

After that, a gun chambered in 338 whispr..

then i will be back to shotguns for the rest of my life, because thats will be every rifle i will EVER NEED.... unless i need a 700 nitro or somethin

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Dunno about that one, but there are near recoil free full auto 12 gauge shotgun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn02le8e0nQ

I have never seen the Mossberg 12 blackpowder shotgun in real life, but there are a bunch of other kinds out there, my dad has a Knight. I have always wondered what the point of a pump action black powder was like a Mossberg... seems a little overcomplicated.

87RedrangerSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
soon to be 5.0 now 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Shotguns are neat, My grandfather just gave me a 2shot bolt action mauser 12guage he bought used when he was a kid. it needs reblued but its a neat shotgun. Ill get a pic of it and post it tomorrow if you want to see it. Ill take some pics of some others I have of my 2 HK-91s and a short action model 700 varmiter in .308 I built, shoots well under a minute now. I have a few 1911s I put together a long time ago that shoot really well as well an old goverment model and a alloy commander thats pretty neat too.
Marvin

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
You like that "BiG" stuff, then every Aug at Iola they have a big military show.
Been there every year but the last...

Chet Krause (the man who started that show, and owner of krause publications) owned an M4A3 sherman until about 4 years ago when he auctioned most of his enormous collection off. Some lucky bastard in Wild Rose owns it if I remember correctly. I attended the auction of his car collection, but never got to the military one. He even had an old german Flak 88 rusting away behind one of his huge sheds...

I do know a military museum in the southern part of the state that has a few shermans they'd part with... It'll take me a few years, but it's in the works...

I also heard a rumor there's someone else who owns two of them, somewhere up there. I'll be doing some investigating when I get back...
________
Honda Gl650

Last edited:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
when I am deer hunting in the dead of winter all my extra clothes puts it back to where a fullsize gun is with a t-shirt on.
I never thought about that. Maybe that's why I like my mothers shotgun (Tiny Ithica 20 Gauge thing) over my Fullsize Mossie sometimes?

:dntknw:

badblue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
my daily concealed gun don't have a pic so here is a link a Kel-tec PF9
http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/images/big/pf9_01.jpg

I have a have a 380 P3AT but i sent it back for a spring fix and for the to plate it in Hard Chrome instead of blue finish so it is the same looking as my 9mm

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals