• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Time to go for the Gusto

np205

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I went out wheeling yesterday and I went where the jeep, sami, and toyota with no body went. :yahoo:

Only one problem, I have a body and it used to be semi strait. :shok:

Wife wasn't to happy :pissedoff:.

But now I know what I have to do. Tube bed with a dovetailed rear end. Along with extended rear shock mounts on the outside of the frame. :icon_welder: Sliders and and an exo around the cab :icon_welder: .

It's gonna take a little bit because I have no steady job right now. In the mean time I'm working on a 91 ranger for my dad, I'll post some pics of it, and here's some dent pics.

I have to take some in the daylight still. A friend of mine took a vid of us on the trail. I have BFG AT's and a rear locker and only needed winched once because my rear end was dragging. If I had a front locker I might of been able to get up the hillclimb.

It was fun and the rest of the guys on the trail were impressed with the truck so it did good, just to much sheet metal and not enough armor. :sad:

After all is said and done though I'll fix it. :clapping::yahoo::icon_thumby::headbang:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Holy crap man, you really thrashed that thing...seen worse but still...you just wheelin that thing or DDing it too?

Any action pics?

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
holy crap! i though i was the only one around here who has complete disregard for body panels! was that all from one day? jeezzzzz that reminds me of the time my passenger window exploded....

you could always take my approach, its cheaper to replace doors and glass than buy or build body armor....

PS you mite not want to listen to me, my cab on the b2 is starting to bust at the welds.....

Last edited:

GBranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
sweet, way to show those bastards up! sucks you had to abuse such a sexy body but well done. plans sound cool, good luck with it. and if all else fails.... just buff it out?

np205

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have another rig, little car but that gets the tree work done. I was also told before run that there where "chicken runs" around hard obsticles. Weren't there. I had fun though and yes, just one day. Being wet didn't help and there were some instatnces I knew that if I didn't give it the gas it wasn't going to happen so down went the right foot.

My 3 year old son had a blast though :)

I'll try to get the vid up somehow.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals