• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tire fitment page.

li7in6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm about to order some tire's and I found this page but I'm a bit confused about the "Lift Height" column. what does it mean by 2", 4", and 6"? Is this variations in factory ride height? I have a '96 B2300 2wd and I'm trying to find what size tire's I can fit. If i have 6" "Life Height" I could fit 33's no problem, but if I had 2" "Lift Height" I would need a body lift and trimmed fenders.

If "Lift Height" refers to aftermarket suspension lifts, then is there a page that shows max. tire fitment for nonlifted rangers?

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TireFitment.html

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

BOL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what do you have?

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Lift height definitely means aftermarket suspension modifications (ie 2" over stock height, 6" over stock height, etc)... There is a thread in the wheel and tire section that has a chart... Go check it out...

Sprag-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I have a '96 2wd Mazda B2300 with 6" of lift 31's fit fine.... 33's shouldn't be an issue...

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
With a stock height 2wd, I doubt you could go much beyond a 235/75r15 or 30x9.5r15. I'll swap my Explorer wheels over to the Ranger sometime soon to see how they do, but that's as big as I'd consider without raising things up.

Sprag-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I ran 29.4's on a stock height 2wd... It would scrub inner fenders when wheeling real hard... I wouldnt go any bigger then that.

li7in6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Reason I ask is I can get a hold of some 31/10.5/15's for a really good deal and I'd love for them to fit.

So according to the tire fitment page if I do the cheap hardware spacer lift I should be able to run 31's no problem?

The Front is the only place that 31's should have fitment issue's right? 31's should be fine in the back without a block or shakle kit right? So I can level it out and throw 31's and be good?

Sprag-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2" of lift you can fit 31x10.5's on a 2wd. I'd recommend atleast 2" SkyJacker coils to get the lift. The daystar like spacers fall apart after a while. If you can, go for the 4" suspension lift.

li7in6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
2" of lift you can fit 31x10.5's on a 2wd. I'd recommend atleast 2" SkyJacker coils to get the lift. The daystar like spacers fall apart after a while. If you can, go for the 4" suspension lift.
What about the stacked washer spacers? I wouldn't trust urethane under a coil but I don't see much trouble with an extended stud and stacked washers. I don't plan on wheeling very hard with this setup, it would be mostly temporary to fit the wheels/tires until I can get an extended beam setup.

Sprag-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
stacked washers with the stud most likely will be fine... I'd atleast tack them together with a welder...

timpat92855

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I fit 31s on my 97 with no lift. I only rubbed at full turn. It really depends on your front springs and how much they have sagged. I would do the washer idea or by lift coils, then no doubt you can clear them.

coffee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've got 30" tires on my 2WD. However, I have a 12mm offset added to my aftermarket wheels. The only time I scrubbed was when I was making a turn and hit a bump. Otherwise I haven't had any other problems.

Sprag-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
31x11.5 willlll fit... I had to pull the bumper... Only scrubs when you try to move...

li7in6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
31x11.5 willlll fit... I had to pull the bumper... Only scrubs when you try to move...
I'm looking at a set of 31/10.5/15's. You think the 1 inch less width will make a difference?

As for the bumper. I have a sawsall and I'm not afraid to use it :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals