• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tragic truck love story

SleepyPumpkin

Reaction score
Couple of good observations there Pumpkin.
One will come along, and maybe many moons after you'd thought it gotten away. Those are usually facts of life. Don't be discouraged(that's bad for your health ;) ), and don't be obsessed, because that will just make it harder to find and much more expensive(and much less enjoyable)

If it's to be a daily driver you really don't want a fixer-upper , that could be downright discouraging. If it has a major problem such as a transmission out or engine troubles, you may be months or even years from seeing it run and driving it, and even then you might find it had suspension or other issues as well.

Fixer uppers can be nice, they can also be expensive.

Best to wait until you find one that's nice enough to drive(or nice enough to afford fixing if you already have a DD), from someone who's nice enough not to want an arm and leg for it

and BTW, welcome to TRS :)
Very good points. Thanks so much. I need something that's a daily driver but I also like the idea of restoring one. I have a vehicle now that I can drive but it's borrowed and I'd just like the freedom of having my own vehicle. I have an uncle who told me if I can get my truck where he's at he can help me completely restore it. There's no point in if it's not fun like you said. I'm going to have to keep saving and keep an eye out. It fun to look anyway. So many good ones out there. Down to complete rust buckets that need to be redone or some that are actually in decent shape but need a little work. There's lots of potential and it's exciting. I'm not too bummed anymore after talking about this lol I'm glad some nice people understand ?

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Check this out :)

SleepyPumpkin

Reaction score
Check this out :)
Good story. Making those memories count is important ?

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm sure there's a lot of those around on the forum Pumpkin, you'll see many more if you hang around a bit :)

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION:

zachwabbit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome! I haven’t been on here long but I know how you feel with the tragic truck tale. My first truck was towed and scrapped without my knowledge.. still hurts to this day. But don’t lose hope, there will always be other trucks!

SleepyPumpkin

Reaction score
Welcome! I haven’t been on here long but I know how you feel with the tragic truck tale. My first truck was towed and scrapped without my knowledge.. still hurts to this day. But don’t lose hope, there will always be other trucks!
Wow! That's pretty bad. Sorry about your truck! Thanks I'm hanging in there ?

Daniel Black

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
205/60R15 & 225/60R15
They're around. I always sell on CL myself. There is definitely something about 1st gens! I sold the gold cab one last summer for $450 here in NC and it was running and driving, just needed a paint job. Good luck with your search.

Attachments

1987ranger12394

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If you want a second gen theres one for 900 you could probably get him down to 500 it needs a new front clip (may be able to use first gen) and the passenger axle needs some work.

1987ranger12394

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have first gents go up for sale around me all the time I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm in nc hickory area

SleepyPumpkin

Reaction score
They're around. I always sell on CL myself. There is definitely something about 1st gens! I sold the gold cab one last summer for $450 here in NC and it was running and driving, just needed a paint job. Good luck with your search.
All of the good ones are always in NC. I have no one that'd go with me to pick it up, because you got to drive there then get back. Then you might have to tow it too. I'm always checking Craigslist and FB marketplace. Thanks I'll need the luck!?

SleepyPumpkin

Reaction score
I have first gents go up for sale around me all the time I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm in nc hickory area
Thanks I appreciate it. They are so charming. Unfortunately though unless they are able to be shipped out of state I probably can't make it. I don't have any friends or family to drive with me to pick them up. So I'm stuck looking locally for now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals