• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transmission Crossmember Bushings

Aaron 13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I’ve got a ‘89 4x4 Ranger in need of crossmember bushings.
I’ve been to the end of the internet and eBay no bushing no assemblies available all discontinued and out of stock. I found one old (2016) thread that someone found one they are also out of stock.
Does anyone have any? Or a number for a bushing that will fit? I did order one from a guy on eBay (called the parts department) and I got the tracking number but FedEx never got the box when questioned them they just issued a refund and blamed FedEx, showed they had no more then all of the sudden they sold one I bet they are scamming someone.
Any help would be appreciated.

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
AFAIK, there are 3 ways to handle this. 1-A solid mounted crossmember from a junkyard. 2-Cut and weld the current parts to make whatever you want/can get work. 3-And last but not least, a polyurethane casting kit.

I tried 1 and got the wrong part... Probably gonna try 2 at some point. 3 just seems like too much work. Especially considering later trucks came from the factory with a solid mount.

Aaron 13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
AFAIK, there are 3 ways to handle this. 1-A solid mounted crossmember from a junkyard. 2-Cut and weld the current parts to make whatever you want/can get work. 3-And last but not least, a polyurethane casting kit.

I tried 1 and got the wrong part... Probably gonna try 2 at some point. 3 just seems like too much work. Especially considering later trucks came from the factory with a solid mount.
Define “solid mount”? Mine has 2 rubber bushings where it attaches to the frame rail. Is there a newer version that is solid but has the same bolt pattern/spacing?

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals