• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transmission re-install

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
Also remember that once you get it up and ALMOST into place that ushing it home BY HAND before you reconnect the clutch line is an exercise in frustration management...

AD
i wrestled with mine for 10 minutes before realizing that,and felt pretty stupid afterwards.

the pirate

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
GRHHAAAA! BLEEPIN BLEEP BLEEP on a BLLEP!!!
Just spent 4 hours bleeding the damn clutch. Used the gravity method no good. Pedal basically falls to the floor. Used a pressure bleeder with just enough pressure to move the dot 3 put 8 pints through the damn thing and still nothing. Basically right back where I started when I began this fiasco. The only difference is I WILL NOT take that tranny out again even with a gun in my face. The only thing I can think of is that I damaged the slave cylinder when I put the new throw out bearing on. The one that came on the cylinder was not right and the instructions basically said that if the clutch plate came with a different slave cylinder top to take it apart and put the top that came with the clutch on which I did.

I don’t Fing know. All I know is I am out a vehicle and cant afford a mechanic right now. If any one lives in or near Austin TX and wants this modern POS for $1,200.00 it is yours. Then I can buy my wife a nice VW bus with twice as many problems but one million times less BS. At least I know I can take one of those apart completely and have it back together in the time it took me to F with this thing.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like there is air in the clutch master. Remove it from the firewall and turn in upside down. Use the plunger that attaches to the pedal and depress it and release it. Otherwise bleed normally. I've run into this problem before, its kind of a hassle, but it works. Oddly enough when I replaced the clutch on my truck, it bled fine with the master mounted to the firewall. I guess I got lucky.

the pirate

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So I was so tired from doing this whole process that I missed the obvious. Thank you Sunk you jarred a brain cell or two loose. The angle of the MC makes air gather in the top. No matter how much you pressure bleed it will never come out because the inlet and outlet are at the low end. Jammed the MC pedal down pressure bled. Pumped jammed, tapped MC to knock bubbles loose. Then finally had the wife pump the clutch till no more air came out. Done. The bitch works. You are my hero for the moment dude. Anything you need from Tx?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals