• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tread Wrights

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's a shame they can't/don't have 33x12.50's anymore. Wouldn't mind picking up a set from them.
Pretty much. I would buy some in a heartbeat. I like they 31x10.50, but I have a problem with spending good money on such small tires... my last set was $280... They're used ATs that need to be attacked with a grooving Iron, but for $280 that was installed on my truck, and balanced.

That, and they are not any cheaper than Goodyears' walmart or canadian tire specials, which again are balanced and installed for you. (And have a warranty, and free rotation)

eduardo95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 I4
Transmission
Manual
Superds this set shipped to my door costed me around 480 and shipping was $100 for all four.

Weezl, when i took them to Pepboys the guys were asking me where i got them from and for how much. They were all surprised with the tires. I took the truck for the Pennsylvania state inspection and had no problem with the tires. I do not know the laws from the state or anything but i have not had any problems with these tires.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
oh i'm not arguing the fact that they are legal, i just don't understand how is all

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
here's my question about them though... how does the DOT stamp and such work, because tires DO expire... and technically you can't modify anything that's DOT approved, (safety lighting, tires, windshields ect) so how are retreads legal? the tread pattern has to be approved... for instance, if you took a snow tire carcass, and put summer tread on it... it's no longer a winter tire, but it's stamped with it, and depending on where you live, you can run that in the winter, even though you shouldn't legally be able to... (several areas of canada require "winter tires" during the winter months, which is not just a second set, but must be approved winter tires)
Some actually get new, re-molded, sidewalls. Others burn/melt the new DOT designations into the existing sidewall using a heated metal stamp.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

eduardo95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 I4
Transmission
Manual
Ohh haha i didnt quite understand your question but im glad someone else answered it for ya

cman24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
eduardo you think you could get some more pics of yours i ordered the same tread pattern just wondering if i could see more shots of them

Black_Splash

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Here's mine.

cman24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
do you have any shots from the side? but man those are awesome i cant wait to get mine

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
wait so they make them and will write on them whatever brand of tire you currently have thats why they say bf goodrich all terrains on them but are actually mud terrains? im confused haha.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
wait so they make them and will write on them whatever brand of tire you currently have thats why they say bf goodrich all terrains on them but are actually mud terrains? im confused haha.
They shave the rest of the old tread off the tire and remold a new tread onto it, leaving the existing sidewall of the tire with whatever make or model of tire it used to be. HOWEVER, the new tread is not what the tire sidewall says it is, so they have to burn/melt a few new numbers and designations into the sidewall to prove that the new tread design has been tested and DOT compliant. Probably that it's a retread too. The old markings don't matter anymore as long as it has a legit DOT number for the tread that's on it.

As stated earlier, some of them do get new sidewalls (in which case it would be molded in at that time), but not all.

Last edited:

cman24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
cool thanks man those look awesome. how do they work for your 2wd offroading cause my truck is 2wd also and i plan on doing some offroading a little

eduardo95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 I4
Transmission
Manual
They work good on rain and dirt roads. I havent taken them too far since i work 7 day a week and barely have time for anything. What size are you getting.?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals