• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

true duals to come

kiragyu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Automatic
well i need a new exhaust because of my engine swap (06 sohc into a 98 mazda b3k) anyway im getting a true dual exhaust. so its going to be 2 1/4 after the header to these cats http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-53005/ then down to these mufflers http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-638221/ then finishing it off with 45 degrees out to the corners of the boxes with these tips http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-690031/?rtype=10&fb_source=message. it will be done in 2 weeks because that is when i will have the funds. i will take pictures and maybe a sound clip of it too. tell me what you guys think? o also i have already ordered all those parts so they are going to go into it no matter what.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
um... cool? lol.
i don't see the point in true duals on a v6 personally. i think they sound kinda weird to... maybe you can prove me wrong. load up a sound clip when you get it installed.

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
...tell me what you guys think? o also i have already ordered all those parts so they are going to go into it no matter what.

Uh, why does our opinion matter?

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I understand dual exhaust is cool but has anyone ever explained the benefit of an x-pipe to you?

Sent from road while ignoring traffic

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I understand dual exhaust is cool but has anyone ever explained the benefit of an x-pipe to you?

To make more buzz where there is already too much buzz?

Wicked Sludge used to be on here quite a bit, he had true duals on his 3.0 if you want to do some digging I know he posted a video on here at some point. IIRC he had an H pipe but don't hold me to it...

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
Frankly I like the single out with 2.5". I only have one after-cat O2 sensor, so I'm curious how you'll hook that up in your case. Also, as narrow as our frames are, if you fab up some custom exhaust set up and decide down the road to pu on a reciever hitch (it's on my to do list :p) then you may run into issues. I know looking online at some kits it specificaly mentions this. Also, I don't like standing in exhaust fumes bent over hooking up a trailer, so mine is exited out the normal side location, so there's something else to consider. Do your research.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
To make more buzz where there is already too much buzz?

Wicked Sludge used to be on here quite a bit, he had true duals on his 3.0 if you want to do some digging I know he posted a video on here at some point. IIRC he had an H pipe but don't hold me to it...
H or X, pick which letter you prefer lol.

OP don't worry, your ranger will be the coolest one in the high school parking lot.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
H or X, pick which letter you prefer lol.

OP don't worry, your ranger will be the coolest one in the high school parking lot.

there are actual differences in an H or X pipe also... i don't know them, but i know some mustang guys that'll argue till they die about which is better. :icon_rofl:

and as far as the comment about standing in exhaust to hook up a trailer... that's easy. TURN OFF THE TRUCK! :D:thefinger::icon_twisted: that's what i usually do if its gonna take me a min, i don't like the look of side exit exhaust on my b2, i tried it once...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Frankly I like the single out with 2.5". I only have one after-cat O2 sensor, so I'm curious how you'll hook that up in your case. Also, as narrow as our frames are, if you fab up some custom exhaust set up and decide down the road to pu on a reciever hitch (it's on my to do list :p) then you may run into issues. I know looking online at some kits it specificaly mentions this. Also, I don't like standing in exhaust fumes bent over hooking up a trailer, so mine is exited out the normal side location, so there's something else to consider. Do your research.
If you plan on doing a receiver it would be best to put one in before you do an exhaust, that is a good point.

As far as the exhaust fumes, if it is a calm day hold your breath. Any kind of a breeze and it is a non-issue. I think the only times it is really a problem is when it is cold out, your truck is cold and is running a tad richer than normal to warm up. A modern vehicle that is running correctly shouldn't be a big deal.

On my Ranger with a bodylift I had the exhaust ran up and over the frame and out by each end of the bumper so it has nothing to do with the receiver and is pretty far apart for exhaust fumes. IMO I think Ranger frames are a tad too wide for the scale to come out right running them straight out the back.

It is worth the excuse to listen to your truck idle in stereo as you hook up a trailer anway. :D

kiragyu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Automatic
i already have a hitch i tow my duck hunting boat EVERY fall so i have already planned for that. and i know your just ****ing with me but i personally love the look of a dual exhaust ranger sorry you think its dumb thats your opinion. and yeah the x pipe probably would be a good idea but i can always change it if it doesnt work out like this. haha and about the exhaust fumes i really could care less like 4.0B2 said just turn off the truck haha. and B2 i will upload a sound clip if i can get something to record it my camera sucks when it comes to sound so we. will see.

It is worth the excuse to listen to your truck idle in stereo as you hook up a trailer anway. :D
i love it

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Personally, true duals on a V6 is stupid as hell. (thats my story and Im sticking to it)

You would have to buy ne catalytic converters, make turndowns from the manifold/headers, etc.

IMHO, a single in dual out (like my setup) is absolutely perfect. You can get that amazing sound you seek at a fraction of the cost AND still benefit from some power gains.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Personally, true duals on a V6 is stupid as hell. (thats my story and Im sticking to it)

You would have to buy ne catalytic converters, make turndowns from the manifold/headers, etc.

IMHO, a single in dual out (like my setup) is absolutely perfect. You can get that amazing sound you seek at a fraction of the cost AND still benefit from some power gains.
i agree. i have single in, dual out... and love the sound. everyone loves the sound of my 4.0 w/ no mufflers

kiragyu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Automatic
ok sorry i didnt explain something. im gettin the duals 1 because i love the look and the sound 2 because i did an engine swap and for the shop to fab up a y pipe for me would have been 500 alone not including instalation and pipe. now with thie duals its 300 total for them to fab it up and install all of those things

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
ok sorry i didnt explain something. im gettin the duals 1 because i love the look and the sound 2 because i did an engine swap and for the shop to fab up a y pipe for me would have been 500 alone not including instalation and pipe. now with thie duals its 300 total for them to fab it up and install all of those things
you couldn't use the 4.0 y-pipe? from the motor you used?
i don't mean this in a smarta.. way, i'm just curious...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals