• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Uh-Oh...

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
So, my father, who is out of state for surgery at the moment just called. His surgery went well, but he had some bad news. My stepmom couldn't get her car out of the driveway so she took his '05 Level II to work, and wrecked it. I don't know how bad it is, but apparently it's not too bad according to her, she told him it's just rocker panel in front of the rear tire. Which makes no sense, that's the bedside, and the truck has step bars on it the length of the cab which I've seen him slam off rocks while off-road and slide along, protecting the rockers. Ah well, I wish she could have driven his Mini Cooper instead - that has snow tires and traction control whereas her Civic (2002 EP3) has horsepower and summer tires...

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
its just metal. at least nobody is hurt

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
It might be just metal, but this is (was) probably one of the cleanest Level II's you'll come across. It looks better and is kept cleaner than 70% of what I see at car shows, and I go to a lot of shows seeing as how I turn wrenches for a large local car club. I mean, we even sand and paint the frame every year... It's also a LOT worse than I thought. Driver side door still closes correctly, but the sheet metal is all pushed in, the cab corner is twisted pretty bad where the step-bar mounts, the step bar is twisted, and the bed is pushed in on the driver's side. There isn't a straight panel on the driver side except the front fender. I didn't try opening the rear door yet, I was more interested in the cab mounts making sure the cab was still square and looking over the major stuff. It's definitely fixable, it could be worse. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a show truck, it even gets wheeled sometimes, but it gets kept in brand new condition because good trucks ain't cheap.

Bonnie is okay, but she does have mild whiplash.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals