• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

valve covers needed

sledneck07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
i need some new valve covers for my 91 4.0 and cant find any online. i saw a post on here a while back but cant find it. im getting sick of smelling burning oil from the rusty ones i got thats letting oil trickle onto the exhaust. will valve covers off of any ohv 4.0 work or a 2.9 valve cover work?

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
well whne my buddy found out his was cracked we called the ford dealership, they had em wanted $70 each for em, so we welded his nuff said

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
hey, are you sure it is the covers that are shot, and not the cover's gaskets? if it is the covers, you can try fixing them by taking them off, cleaning them up (under side gets real clean with carb cleaner and a scraper like a pocket knife) and then rattle can them with primer then any colour you like. this might help.

sledneck07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
There's no hope of savin em (the wisconsin salt got to em). The bolt some of the bollt holes are barley hangin on by a few chunks of rusty steel. Thanks for the idea I woulda did that when I did the intake gasket last fall. I guess if I absolutly have to I could try and make a pair but my worry with that is them warpin or leakin when I weld them (don't have a TIG welder any more).

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
ya ill save ya some time if ur gonna replace em. dont go to advanced, auto zone, napa, carquest, oreilly or any parts store they dont got them. either get a set form JY that needs work or new from dealership. this info will save you alot of phone calls and trips tot eh store

sledneck07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
agreeded i already tryed advance and they dont even have em in their junk yard. and thoes guys bend over backwards for me so if they say they cant find/get them thats it

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If I needed a set of valve covers.. I'd get on eBay and everyone that had a 4.0 part for sale I'd send them all a copy & paste question asking for what I needed.. You will be amazed at how many replies you get from a question like this.
I get all kinds of unadvertised little stuff from questions like this.
Big JIm

sledneck07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
thanks for the link but angie should be sending me some. but the link looks like it is a good place for the hard to find or really expensive parts for a good price

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals