• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wanting opinions

olranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a 91 ranger, i know i have been on here before about lowering. i am looking to get a 3/3 or 3/4 lowering kit. i know the front beams are high dollar and i am on a budget for (like being broke). What can you do to lower the front 3 inches and know mess up the alignment. drop coils, with a camber kit, and how would it steer and ride do you think. Now the back, if you do flip the hanger around how much lower do you get. i have heard 2inchs all the way to 6 inchs of drop. All i am really asking here is besides buying the beams, what else can you buy or use to get a good stance,ride quality. Not interested in a log wagon. :icon_welder:

olranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nobody has any ideas or can help:icon_confused:

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Check out my vendor forum and web site www.illusivefabrications.com for a listing of 83-97 ibeam ranger lowering products. 2 inch belltech drop coils is the most drop you can do and still be able to align it with out drop beams. A shackle flip will yield about a 2 inch drop. A axle flip kit will give you 4" combined is a 6" drop

TS6034

September 2009 STOM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's not recommended but you could cut the coils and used camber eccentrics to get the alignment right. Then you could do an axle flip in the rear. I think the flipped hangers net you around 2" while the axle flip lowers the truck the thickness of tha axle.

Have you searched all the forums for used DJM Beams? Maybe try craigslist and ebay. I scored a used set a while ago for cheap.

olranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I highly reccomend not cutting coils. I did it along time ago on my explorer and I could bearly keep the thing on the road and went back to stock a week later. Then saved up for drop beams.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals