• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Watch your shipping costs!

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
rock auto’s parts listing can be confusing at times, I couldnt figure out just what parts I needed for replacing all my steering linkage, didnt even realize there was a “R” & “L” for the tie rod ends and adjusting sleeve couple couplers. o’reilys web page was alot more clear regarding parts. I had to wait a day for a out of stock part so I just picked the “ship to home” option. box of parts showed up next day at 5 pm. A week earlier I had bought my rotors, wheel bearings grease seals and brake pads, went with autozone. was just going to pick them up at the local store but they were offering a discount if I did the “ship to home” thing, was a $20 savings so I went ahead with it, parts arrived next day by lunch. On another note, one time I needed a radiator. (astro van) I could of paid a extra $50 for next day delivery but said no. It showed up the next day anyhow... crazy.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
rock auto’s parts listing can be confusing at times, I couldnt figure out just what parts I needed for replacing all my steering linkage, didnt even realize there was a “R” & “L” for the tie rod ends and adjusting sleeve couple couplers. o’reilys web page was alot more clear regarding parts. I had to wait a day for a out of stock part so I just picked the “ship to home” option. box of parts showed up next day at 5 pm. A week earlier I had bought my rotors, wheel bearings grease seals and brake pads, went with autozone. was just going to pick them up at the local store but they were offering a discount if I did the “ship to home” thing, was a $20 savings so I went ahead with it, parts arrived next day by lunch. On another note, one time I needed a radiator. (astro van) I could of paid a extra $50 for next day delivery but said no. It showed up the next day anyhow... crazy.
Go to the Ford Parts website, enter your VIN, and most of the time it will give you a part number you can find on Rock Auto. You can also enter your VIN number on a lot of aftermarket manufacturers parts websites

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
Tough question...the "best" option is Free. Most of the time it's USPS, but comes with caveats - time being one and lost shipments the other.
Although, in my experience over the last year or so, USPS is getting better.
UPS is really good. Fedex delivers on weekends and Sundays.
This has been my experience. And as always "Past performance is no guarantee of future results"

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
What's the best shipping option now?
I'm not sure it even matters anymore. The last package I had delivered came on a "Budget" box Truck. The guy was wearing a "Fed-Ex" shirt but had USPS, UPS, DRL and Fed-Ex boxes in the truck. I wasn't sure if he was delivering packages or stealing them. lol

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
I'm not sure it even matters anymore. The last package I had delivered came on a "Budget" box Truck. The guy was wearing a "Fed-Ex" shirt but had USPS, UPS, DRL and Fed-Ex boxes in the truck. I wasn't sure if he was delivering packages or stealing them. lol
3rd party contractor........we see that up here quite often, they are sole proprietor's on contract to deliver parcels.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I love to gamble so I always ship with USPS.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I bought a window regulator from a guy. He shipped through UPS. I got the box. It was empty. I never got my part, but the guy who shipped the part for $14, got a $50 check from them because he insured the package for up to $50 value.

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
did you get your $14 + the price of the regulator back?

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
did you get your $14 + the price of the regulator back?
I never got anything lol. The guy who shipped it got his refund. I was to pay him after I received the part. HE had to make the claim and go through the process. I eventually got the part from another person. I assume that regulator is sitting under the assembly line at the shipping/recieving dock somewhere.

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
Perhaps it fell off the truck with the rest of the bananas.........lol

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I got a box of beer making supplies a couple years ago from a brewing supply company (box said so right on the side) through UPS a couple years ago. I got it with the clear imprint of someone’s arse in the top, which damaged some of the stuff inside….

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
What's the best shipping option now?
I think it depends on where you are. For me, UPS is consistently awful. Have been since I moved here. UPS used to deliver my wife’s medication monthly. It was a 12” cubic box with a value of about $15,000. It had to stay cold but not freeze. Big warning stickers all over it. They delivered the package in January when nobody was home despite being told by us and the medication company to hold for pickup at their hub as she was out of town and I was at work. The guy placed it on a narrow deck railing on our stoop instead of the step by the door and it rolled off and ended up under the deck. My wife was freaking out when she got a notification that the package was delivered, and I left work to drive home and bring the box in but couldn’t find the box. I found it the next day but it had been outside in sub-zero temps and was shot. We were nearly stuck with the bill but the pharmacy worked it out. This is but one of the many issues we have had with them.

USPS is actually the best so far. At least I can call a phone number and talk to someone at the post office. FedEx is a close second.

karenberys

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Hey! Do you still need one? I will better recommend you to call a company that is specialized in transportation. The time you receive will be safer, it will correspond to what was said initially, and the process will be quite fast without worrying. In addition, find a company that will provide you with precise details about the whole car to your destination. Guardian Auto Transport helped me bring my car from Los Angeles to my city quite fast, and they offered me quality services. If you are still looking, you can also call them or read about them on their website.

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Can you please tell me what TRS event you participated in?
I won’t click that box until I actually attend the meet. Scheduled and planning to go doesn’t qualify in my mind.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals