• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

--weezl--'s 07 FX4 Level II

brithunsicker

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Automatic
Bumper

Hey you can check some of my photos for a front winch bumper, they are somewhat tough to come by. I had a guy make mine out of Oklahoma City. It fits 99-08 with the brackets he sends. I custom mounted it to my 97 ranger. In the pictures on my page the bumper sets lower than it will with the mounts he sends. I have since remodified it to set flush. Here is his website, he does a very good job!
http://custom4x4fabrication.com/front_ford_ranger.htm

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i should have mentioned to you that you fortold the future! jerk! lol, it's all good though, i've got my new tails on now, i also realize that i haven't put up new pictures of it... the new tails look very similar to stock, but they certainly aren't... this seems to be the only picture with the tails in it... i'll take some tomorrow at work if i remember...
So yeah... i'm just a smart blonde!
i just have noticed a lot of tails getting busted out.. Josh busted how many on his yellow ranger? :icon_rofl:

i actually like the stockish look. looks better IMO. :icon_thumby:

brithunsicker

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Automatic
Funny you guys say that. Just busted mine out last weekend on a trail! Easy fix for stock tail light. Salvage yard!

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i haven't seen too much from josh at all actually...

Hey you can check some of my photos for a front winch bumper, they are somewhat tough to come by. I had a guy make mine out of Oklahoma City. It fits 99-08 with the brackets he sends. I custom mounted it to my 97 ranger. In the pictures on my page the bumper sets lower than it will with the mounts he sends. I have since remodified it to set flush. Here is his website, he does a very good job!
http://custom4x4fabrication.com/front_ford_ranger.htm
i actually had taken a look at that, but i live in canada, so shipping would be a killer, plus duty to cross the border... there is a shipping outlet just the other side of the border, but it's about a 4-5 hour drive down there... i want to price out what it would cost to make it my self, i've got (access to) a welder that is more than capable to weld what i need, and have a friend who does water jet cutting all day long... i figure for 500us,+shipping, fuel to montana, duty and all, i can probably make something of my own... plus then it's MINE! :D i like custom parts, hence the one off piece together front end, custom paint, custom door lock indicators, soon to have custom switch panel... and of course, everything virtually was done by me (not paint)

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i haven't seen too much from josh at all actually...
maybe it was someone else... someone busted out the same side light on 3 trips or so in a row. idk... regardless, i like the new lights better anyways. :thefinger:

brithunsicker

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Automatic
I like the newer style headlights like yours, with the black background. Not sure if they make those compatible with my 97? Just want something different and not so old and faded.

brithunsicker

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Automatic
Shit I can't even tell if my headlights are the same style as yours. They might be the exact same headlights stock, but i cant tell mine are so damn faded.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i don't thnk they are, the first pic of my truck is the same headlights, the black background is a mod that a lot of us do, you actually put the light in the oven, pull the lens off, mask it, paint it, glue it back together

brithunsicker

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Automatic

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the pics, though I don't so much like that bumper as I do the other one posted above

Sent from somewhere naughty!

brithunsicker

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Automatic
So did you just leave that snorkel pipe inside the fender, or did you eventually run a snorkel out of the fender?

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
inside the fender, and i've been in some pretty deep water since i put it in, with no issues... headlight deep on more than 1 occasion actually

where as i'm sure you read that splashing in some puddles about 6-8" deep gave me problems before

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Must be the newer style airbox's giving you grief... I've been to McLean and Waiperous with mine and had water well up to the headlights and at times rolling over the hood and still no real issues? The 6.0L's getting snorkeled for sure though.....

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nothing recently... Just general maintenance, oil changes and such... Have both upper control arms replaced with moog parts, and one wheel hub replaced with a generic part... The other one is going out on me now, so I'm debating buying a few cheap ones, or one of the moog ones... I just don't want to spend double the amount, to get a moog bearing set, that will only last 1.5x longer... I don't mind the labour involved to change it, if it saves me money...

I have in planning a new tent for the truck, a winch eventually, new front bumper and sliders... But we will have to see if I get this new job that will include a hefty raise... As it is I can barely afford to put gas in it and eat...

Sent from somewhere naughty!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals