• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WENT OFFROADING WITH A jeep CLUB

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
recently went out with a jeep club (cnyjeep) had a blast! theyre some pretty awesome people.... one of us let us use his land. brought the ranger and the jeep. the red jeep with the girl in it is my girlfriend. you can see how bad i got it stuck at one point.... wouldve gotten out if it wasnt for the 400lb log in the way! lol. took a kubota an hour to get me out! lol... after that we were hitting the mud at about 50mph, lol.

http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab274/pillen140/offroad/

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Some cool pictures Pillen, Jeepers aren't too bad guys:D

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

sorry they are mostly jeep pictures because i was the one taking the pics, but you get the idea.

krazykracker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sweet pics

ur truck looks familar lol-check my avatar

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if it's any consolation... i wheel with a toyota group :( they are all really nice guys though...

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if it's any consolation... i wheel with a toyota group :( they are all really nice guys though...
Yeah, i hear ya... i got stuck again this weekend and had to call that blue jeep with the tan top to come pull me out, lol. long story short, but there were leaves covering that endless mud pit i got stuck in! lol

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lmao, i've been luck enough that i haven't gotten stuck in mud since i did my lift and tires, i did get high centered once, and drove into a deep water filled rut that i changed my mind about, as soon as my front end went in, and water was at the bottom of my headlights, the drop was too steep for me to back out of... i PROBABLY could have driven through it, but there was a VERY high risk of flooding my intake again, and i hadn't yet done my inner fender snorkel

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, the fender snorkel was one of the best $6 and hour of time i ever spent, lol.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, the fender snorkel was one of the best $6 and hour of time i ever spent, lol.
ABSOLUTELY! i would have drowned my motor on sunday driving nose first into a creek if i didn't have it... i'm trying to upload the video to youtube, but it's broken :(

i think mine cost a little over 50$ total with all the tools required (3" holesaw, arbor, bastard roundfile, pl premium construction glue and of course the drier ducting

is yours just resting on the inner fender or is it secured in the fender? i've got mine sinched up as high as it will go in the fender, and it's not moving anywhere

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well, mine actually goes up into the cowl, you cant even tell its there. eliminates the need for the hole saw and stuff... plus i was a plumber, so i didnt have to buy glue or anything. just a fernco and 2 elbows and a piece of pvc pipe. maybe a little more than $6... but still less than $10 lol.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
oh nice! i want to go into my cowl the older body style is way easier to do this than mine, stock, my intake comes past the headlight and through the header panel... i had to drill a hole in the side of my airbox, and through the side of my inner fender. the hole in the side of the cowl, i can't see any light through it, and when i poured water into the top, it came out the driver side, even when i jacked the driver side up like 2 inches, the water still came out the drivers side, so i'm not convinced the air will be delivered all the way to the passenger side... that and i didn't want to risk cutting my antenna wire or anything like that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals