• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

SCOTTY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Size
Cologne 2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Stumbled on this on Hemmings Auctions Daily on a BII, did a little research on the web & pulled the trigger on 1 for my Ranger.
I didn't know they exsisted ! Pretty neat & useful addition I think. 😀 Good price too. Ebay has an OBB listing for $19.99.
Pretty cheap ! They come in 4 different colors (Silver, Blue, Red & Black) with the letter(s) stating the color @ the end of the part #.
I got the 2470B, the blue 1. I think they come in 16psi too.

MG 2470B.jpg
MG 2470B II.jpg
MG 2470B III.jpg

Mr. Gasket 2470B Domestic Thermocap 13 Psi-Blue | eBay

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
Stumbled on this on Hemmings Auctions Daily on a BII, did a little research on the web & pulled the trigger on 1 for my Ranger.
I didn't know they exsisted ! Pretty neat & useful addition I think. 😀 Good price too. Ebay has an OBB listing for $19.99.
Pretty cheap ! They come in 4 different colors (Silver, Blue, Red & Black) with the letter(s) stating the color @ the end of the part #.
I got the 2470B, the blue 1. I think they come in 16psi too.

View attachment 102722View attachment 102723View attachment 102724
Mr. Gasket 2470B Domestic Thermocap 13 Psi-Blue | eBay
Be careful with that. You're getting the radiator temp. The engine temp will be hotter.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
Floor mat question, for the Road Ranger, 97 extended cab XLT (and I have learned to search the site before I ask such questions):

The new carpet is just beautiful and I’d like to keep it that way as long as possible. It’s mostly a driver, but I do occasionally work out of it. I’d like to get the Weatherguard tight set-in-place floor mats that protect, but don’t shift around as you get in and out. I have to put the OEM floor mats in my F250 in the right place every time I get in, makes me crazy. Whetherguard doesn’t have a specific for that model, only the cut-and-fit yourself ones.

Does anyone know of a rubber or carpet or combo floormat that fits in place that doesn’t shift around for that truck? I’m open to a trim-down (like Weatherguard offers), but I want something more substantial structurally that’ll stay in place better than weatherguard offers.

My other thought is to pull the two bolts from the front of the seat, replace them with threaded studs and a nut to hold the seat down, but with the threads protruding so I can put them through whatever carpet piece I get and bolt the mat down. I could buy something generic, oversized, or just get a piece of appropriate carpet. I would run some kind of a strip along the edge in the rear so that it’s holding by more than just the two bolts spots.

I’m open to any other ideas like that so I don’t have to adjust it every time I get in and out of the truck.

Help! All contents and suggestions welcome

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Floor mat question, for the Road Ranger, 97 extended cab XLT (and I have learned to search the site before I ask such questions):

The new carpet is just beautiful and I’d like to keep it that way as long as possible. It’s mostly a driver, but I do occasionally work out of it. I’d like to get the Weatherguard tight set-in-place floor mats that protect, but don’t shift around as you get in and out. I have to put the OEM floor mats in my F250 in the right place every time I get in, makes me crazy. Whetherguard doesn’t have a specific for that model, only the cut-and-fit yourself ones.

Does anyone know of a rubber or carpet or combo floormat that fits in place that doesn’t shift around for that truck? I’m open to a trim-down (like Weatherguard offers), but I want something more substantial structurally that’ll stay in place better than weatherguard offers.

My other thought is to pull the two bolts from the front of the seat, replace them with threaded studs and a nut to hold the seat down, but with the threads protruding so I can put them through whatever carpet piece I get and bolt the mat down. I could buy something generic, oversized, or just get a piece of appropriate carpet. I would run some kind of a strip along the edge in the rear so that it’s holding by more than just the two bolts spots.

I’m open to any other ideas like that so I don’t have to adjust it every time I get in and out of the truck.

Help! All contents and suggestions welcome

Husky makes a set of of molded rubber floormats for the rangers that have the spikes on the bottom so they don't move around. Work well I have a set.
https://www.huskyliners.com/?fitment=1

The molded floor mats tend to be much more expense then the generic cut to size ones, but they fit perfectly and don't move around. Plus they tend to have raised edges so they collect any water instead of running over into the carpet.

Husky tends to be less expensive then weathertech, but not $20 wally world cheap.

SCOTTY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Size
Cologne 2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Be careful with that. You're getting the radiator temp. The engine temp will be hotter.
True, but if I check it right after driving I'd be getting the eng. & rad. temp., correct ?

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Idk.. those tractor tires really gave that thing just the right attitude i think lol.

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
True, but if I check it right after driving I'd be getting the eng. & rad. temp., correct ?
You will always get the rad temp. A good quality gauge with a sensor in the T-stat housing before the T-stat is the best place to pull temp or between the the rear two cylinders.

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
rolled some 35s next to my truck, I think I’ll need to trim some. View attachment 102814
Lift and trim. With a 6" lift and 35's I still had to trim Fenders. They mostly hit at the rear of the fender opening. Not sure about the bumper. Mine was already gone when I did the lift and tires.

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Lift and trim. With a 6" lift and 35's I still had to trim Fenders. They mostly hit at the rearbof the fender opening. Not sure about the bumper. Mine was already gone when I did the lift and tires.
I already have 3” body and, well, not sure the suspension height maybe a 4”, it’s a GFE cut and turn kit some custom bits.

I was just teasing those are 40x15.50, not sure there’s enough grinder wheels to make those fit. I bet my torches would work tho 😏.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
It will take a lot more work to make 40's fit. They will ride nicely in the bed. Make sure they're strapped down well.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals