• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
IMG_20240202_120809.jpg

I watched my buddy replace the windshield in my d21. It pays to have friends with trade skills.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
@ericbphoto (or anyone else):

Could you recommend a simple and inexpensive program that won’t eat all the memory on my computer, so I can take still pictures and videos and edit them together and provide a narrative so I could post something on YouTube, or email it to friends and enemies? No rush on this, but I’m hunting for a new laptop right now, and I want to make sure I have enough memory.

I've used "OpenShot" free, works well.

mikkelstuff

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Made a set of steel racks for over the third garage door. This is to get the assorted pile off of the garage floor. Now steel on the top rack, pipe and conduit on the second rack, and lumber on the lower. It may not be so easy to pull down what I need but the floor pile was no better and always in the way.
IMG_4746.jpeg

Found some oak I'd forgotten I even had!

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Made a set of steel racks for over the third garage door. This is to get the assorted pile off of the garage floor. Now steel on the top rack, pipe and conduit on the second rack, and lumber on the lower. It may not be so easy to pull down what I need but the floor pile was no better and always in the way.
View attachment 105677
Some stuff is just plain awkward to store, yet keep close and handy.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
We took our daughter to Medieval Times for her birthday.
I went there once. Had an school field trip to Disney Epcot in Florida and the Medieval Times there was part of the trip. Hard to believe that was almost 30 years ago, pretty cool experience. Epcot was interesting too, but I think the restraunt was the highlight of the trip. Never been back to either.

We've got a Medieval Times here in GA now, I think it's up a little Northeast of Atlanta. Maybe Rick's been there, some of his rigs might be old enough to qualift for the jousting tournament. I need to get the family together some time and go. I don't have a SO or kids, but I'd like to see it again and I'm sure my sister's family would enjoy it, especially my niece if we could get her to settle down long enough.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
View attachment 105677

Found some oak I'd forgotten I even had!
Every little bit helps. like you said might be awakard to get to, but now you know what you have, where it is, and the forrs space available to work with. Dad's been doing the same stuff with his shop for the past few months, something he could get out and work on a little between chemo treatments. Has made a huge difference. That's where I'm going to be doing my upcoming V8 swap and its hard to believe that I'm actually going to have room to move around the vehicles. I've done all major engine work in the same shop and it's always been a pig path shuffling around what ever I'm working on due to the stuff piled up around the sides.

It's a 15x30 pad that he had a 15x30 shop around for most of my life. Most of that time there was just enough room to park most of a Ranger in there, by most I mean the back tires were on the ground outside, and literally shuffle sideways down the sides. One time (or maybe two?) it was cleaned out enough to get a whole 84 long bed Ranger in there and close the doors to paint it, but that didn't last long. Around 8 years ago he tore down that building and had a much larger metal building erected. Center part is a little larger than the pad, and it has a 10 foot wide lean-to off each side. It was still so packed in that working space was about the same. Was over there earlier and I can almost park the F-250 in there with room to work on all sides. Only thing that would make it better would be having it at my house, or having him feeling well enough to help me on the projects. Hopefully both will happen soon, but not likely in time for the next one.

Sorry for rambling.

EDIT: and in spirit of the thread...

Today I went to work (for employer) and went to work (on my stuff). Eight long hours of telling people that I can't give them an estimated delivery date for parts that they never ordered, and trying to explain that, in the world of government airplanes, I can't order parts for an airplane if those parts are not listed in the technical data. Then I got to swing by the parents house and actually accomplish something on the parts truck, but details for that probably belong in the other thread.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
I went there once. Had an school field trip to Disney Epcot in Florida and the Medieval Times there was part of the trip. Hard to believe that was almost 30 years ago, pretty cool experience. Epcot was interesting too, but I think the restraunt was the highlight of the trip. Never been back to either.

We've got a Medieval Times here in GA now, I think it's up a little Northeast of Atlanta. Maybe Rick's been there, some of his rigs might be old enough to qualift for the jousting tournament. I need to get the family together some time and go. I don't have a SO or kids, but I'd like to see it again and I'm sure my sister's family would enjoy it, especially my niece if we could get her to settle down long enough.
A long time ago with my kids (now 40 & 37). I’d go again, it was a hoot!

Last edited:

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Was browsing my phone pictures and realized that I never followed up on this. Here's pictures if the Explorer Limited wheels on his Ranger.

View attachment 105234

To make the match the Ranger better, I ordered some 91mm Ford oval center cap emblems online. I would have installed them over the original Limited emblem, but he removed those and the new emblem ended up recessed a little.

View attachment 105235
One very nice truck

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

We been there a few times over the years. They really do put on a good show and the food is pretty good. I’d recommend that everyone should go once.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Got the oil changed & tires rotated on the bronco.. finally got a sticker on it too.. been driving around all year without one lol.

Also found a forgotten 50$ gift card to lowes.. gotta brainstorm what to use that thing on.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Got the oil changed & tires rotated on the bronco.. finally got a sticker on it too.. been driving around all year without one lol.

Also found a forgotten 50$ gift card to lowes.. gotta brainstorm what to use that thing on.
Tires rotated already? Wow!

Tell me please: is yours a 4 door or a two door? do both body styles have the same wheel base?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Tell me please: is yours a 4 door or a two door? do both body styles have the same wheel base?
Per his sig, it's a 2023 2 door, and I'd have to say that is a no.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Per his sig, it's a 2023 2 door, and I'd have to say that is a no.
Yes. It's 16" shorter. My wife likes it. We might just test drive one soon.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.

I do 5k mile rotations & oil changes but yeah I got a 2 door. I love the thing just about more than anything, would definitely reccomend. Wheel base is a few inches shorter than a b2 actually lol

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
I do 5k mile rotations & oil changes but yeah I got a 2 door. I love the thing just about more than anything, would definitely reccomend. Wheel base is a few inches shorter than a b2 actually lol
Exactly. I have owned a lot of different cars, but the most fun to drive was a Jeep CJ5 with a V8. The new Broncos, especially the two door, remind me of that. I never drove a first generation Bronco, but it was meant to be a lot like a Jeep.

My wife, who hated my Jeep, likes the Bronco because it's a lot more refined. She hates SUVs, because they have become so common, and she says, in trying to be both sporty and practical, and roomy, they have no personality. She's right, IMO. A 2 door Bronco is just the right size for us. We have an empty nest. That short wheel base will make it a lot easier to park.

Our other car is a Fiat. It's a great little short errand vehicle but has no legroom in the back seat. It gets great mileage, but it's very slow. It does well in winters, but nowhere near as well as a 4WD.

We're going to take one for a test drive.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals