• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
More like the last two days. Enamel paint is not made to watch dry. Trying to pretty up a 28 housing before putting the 4.10s in it.
20240211_094524.jpg
had to work on the back porch for the cold in the barn they would still be wet.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
Woke up to 17 degrees here in colorado springs. We have a car hauler to put the ranger on and put all of my son's junk in the cab or bed of the ranger while we make the 1k mile trip home, hopefully monday.
17076633960289148475468094482415.jpg
20240210_083559.jpg

Last edited:

Saddle Tramp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I helped my coworker join the cult. He bought a 2009 Ford Ranger XLT. It's the 2.3, extended cab, 2wd version with an automatic.

IMG_20240210_084755315~2.jpg

It went for roughly the asking price of Rangers with 120,000-170,000miles on them, but this one has a bit less.

Screenshot_20240211-102011~2.png
IMG_20240210_084755315~2.jpgScreenshot_20240211-102011~2.png

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Not funny, vote right…
My sense of humor can be very dark lol. Truthfully though.. my desire to increase preparedness for whatever the future may bring is 100% spurred on by my belief that were 1000% screwed regardless of which way the majority (or the electoral college) decides to vote.

Not only are both "wings" attached to & controlled by the same cancerous bird, but we've allowed our population to reach a level WAY beyond TOO HIGH to ever be reasonably considered sustainable... or managable. Mo' people, mo' problems.. and humans are a lot better at creating problems than we are fixing them.

Realistically.. the human race bats nearly .000 when it comes to actually fixing problems.. dont we?

We may have figured out some bare bones basic survival stuff like agriculture, how to get clean water, clothes, medicine, etc.. but the truths about what human kind genuinely NEEDS regarding such things are just that.. they are TRUTH. They are unequivocally and academically accepted FACTS. Opinion holds absolutely no standing over such things.

Humanitarian type problems where OPINION suggests or insists what the best solution would be... those are where the human element will either struggle or downright fail to find a solution... and 'both sides' just seem to endlessly bicker and ultimately just end up making things worse for everyone. These same problems are the same ones that cause the majority of division in society too.. guns, gays, drugs, religion, immigration, racism, sexism, classism, on and on and on... people are too proud, too stubborn, too.. offended.. to ever truly be 'bipartisan'. People desire too much control over their neighbor.

Forget uranium or plutonium or whatever else.. the most dangerous element to the health of our planet and societies is the human element. It's toxic at a level that's far beyond impossible to achieve by anything else that isn't a human.

People are incredibly unique in the complexity of our emotions.. when compared to other things that eat & shit. That emotion can be, and IS the absolute most beautiful thing that could be experienced. The care of a parent, the embrace of a lover.. getting ruthlessly made fun of by 'the bros'.. its all just so pure.. healing.. satiating..

...however... that same phenomenon is quite literally the reason we have words like GENOCIDE in the dictionary.. and why such actions are still talked about on the news and being committed so 🤷‍♀️

The best a guy can do.. realistically.. is grab a paddle, throw on a life vest, and hope this sea of bullshit doesn't capsize his dinghy. Thats where I'm at. I'm just an inconsequentially small speck of nothing, stuck on a rock flying through space at 48 million miles an hour or whatever.. just along for the ride..

Grateful for all you folks though.. TRS is a rare bit of actual quality in my life 👍

JoeLeFou

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
not today but yesterday, starter to work on the fuel line on my 88 ranger. Changed the filter and pressure pump but I'm not sure if I installed the pressure pump the right way right now I have the +/- connectors towards the back of the truck and like a dummy I didn't make sure with the old one (rookie mistake)

my spare plastic tank is disgusting there is a honey like substance in it tried soapy water to clean it and it didn't work and after that I noticed there was a fucking nail in the bottom of the tank. Would a plastic tank repair kit be good for the long run?

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
YouTube baking soda and super glue. I never used it on a gas tank, but I’ve repaired poly gas cans with it.

On a gas tank, I might use a stainless sheet metal screw with a gas resistant washer (viton, nitrile or) and then coat that with the baking soda/superglue trick.
If you do it, repeated light layers are better than a big chunk at once.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Been working all day on sheeting the side of the camper, slow job when you are figuring it out and haven't done any tiling not to mention the clamping and cutting of all the randomly placed holes in the side of a camper... But all the ply is installed! Still gotta go around the perimeter with the oscillating cutter so all the trim will fit right... and I can't for the life of me find the spray gun I have for the contact adhesive... guess I'll have to get a new one at HFT... Oh and my gamble on getting two gallons of the FRP adhesive paid off, there's about 10% of the second gallon left, there for a while it was looking iffy if it was going to make it...

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Today I was looking at the wiring on my Pinto. I had recently pulled some empty toolboxes out to put tools in rather than walk back and forth. When I took a real look they were all Beach toolboxes... not planned or thought about... Lol

Attachments

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
YouTube baking soda and super glue. I never used it on a gas tank, but I’ve repaired poly gas cans with it.

On a gas tank, I might use a stainless sheet metal screw with a gas resistant washer (viton, nitrile or) and then coat that with the baking soda/superglue trick.
If you do it, repeated light layers are better than a big chunk at once.

Hope it helps.
I saw someone use cigarette ashes and super glue to repair a plastic water line one time. I was quite impressed it held when we put pressure back on it.

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
Well it wouldn't quit raining so I decided to go play in the mud at a local spot. It was super sloppy. My buddy in the XJ had brand new 33x10.50 General Grabber X3s and he was sliding all over too. Was a great day and Ranger didn't disappoint. Some guys on 4 wheelers were questioning our decisions haha.
20240210_151331.jpg
received_374493231974573.jpeg
received_414205644388096.jpeg
received_1347607489278440.jpeg
received_736399228454777.jpeg
20240210_151249.jpg

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
I worked on the tailgate for the Missing Linc, put the final coat of paint on the top, and played around with all the emblems yesterday. I’ll write it up with some pictures when the weather lets up.

Monsoons in Atlanta today. Lincoln and I drove the mile and a half to the grocery store. He stayed in the truck, I got soaked.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I worked on the tailgate for the Missing Linc, put the final coat of paint on the top, and played around with all the emblems yesterday. I’ll write it up with some pictures when the weather lets up.

Monsoons in Atlanta today. Lincoln and I drove the mile and a half to the grocery store. He stayed in the truck, I got soaked.
Next time you have monsoon rains, tell them to take I-20 east toward Augusta, not I-85 north toward Greenville.

JoeLeFou

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
I googled it and saw an old video testing just that, said it held up for the 2 ish weeks he tested. after that I added the super glue and baking soda to my cart took what the chemical was and checked if it was resistant and it is so I'll try it out thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals