• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
I got up early to wash the 88 blue Town Car for church. I haven’t washed it in a month and a half. The Missing Linc was sitting right there, so I did it first. I don’t think I washed it in three months.

The Ranger took about 15 minutes. That 88 town car took an hour and five minutes. I think it was the same minutes per square foot though…

Happy Easter guys.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
life rule #368, never get behind little 'ol ladies in a checkout line, or at a bank line, or in traffic, or at a buffet....... :icon_rofl:
Well, here's the problem with retailers. You know the business that are complaining about people buying stuff online instead of in local stores? They have one register open only to meet ADA compliance laws, and a handful of self-checkout lanes full of people who don't know how to scan the stuff they are buying. So, either way, if you need it now you have to stand in queue behind America's best and brightest citizens to buy whatever it is you want to buy.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Went down to visit my parents for Easter. their garbage disposal (original to their house ca 2010) had some serious rust in the grinding chamber and was starting to get clogged up pretty easily, so Dad ordered a new replacement from Amazon back in late January. the replacement was basically an exact new version of what was being removed. So we took the old one out, unhooked the plumbing and then let the disposal down to lay on the cabinet floor to easier access the wiring. the original installers run a flexible conduit to the disposal, and we seriously fought that connector for 2 hours. finally got it out with a small pry bar, the little plastic nut that secured it was glued on. Ok now we are rockin' with Dokken. took another 10 minutes just to fish the wires out of the little pannel as the were tucked up under and the actual feed wires were very stiff. got them out, got them unhooked, first thing I noticed was that the feed wires were pretty heavy gauge wire and very stiff. spent litterally 2.5 hours fighting the ground wire to get it bent and to hold in place to tighten the ground screw around it. the wire kept springing out of the way and we had to keep manipulating it and because it was so thick, it barely went around the ground screw. Finally got that all buttoned up, and it took like 2 minutes to reconnect it to the sink and the drain pipe. plumbing was easy-peasy. ran the water in it, no leaks :) filled the sink, drained it, no leaks. Dad went and turned the breaker on and nothing worked. ok... Dad went back to the breaker box and the breaker was tripped. reset the breaker, came back in ran the disposal and it was running great, really quiet. I was just getting ready to gather up tools, towels and bucket and out of the corner of my eye I saw a drip of water. by this time dad turned off the disposal. ran some more water, no leaks. turned the disposal on and saw some drips of water coming from the hole where the conduit went in. Well fawk. looks like the shaft seal of the brand new disposal is junk or not installed correctly. So since the disposal was bought in January, we are past returning it. so it is call Insinkerator for warranty replacement or sink another 100 bucks for a new disposal and have it within a day to fix it...

Good thing I am going back down the following weekend...

AJ

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
did a little body work on the ‘09 escape, have some rear shock upper reinforcement mounts to build, waiting on the new shocks to show up & need a good 1/2” bit.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Did some weedeating around the shop man door, grabbed the clippers and did some touchup trimming on the apple trees and cut all of the blackberries out of the apple trees (the cherry trees and back shed are another story, project for another weekend before burn season is done). Then went to the inlaws for a while, a buddy needed to borrow my cooling system vacuum fill setup so I dropped it off at another friends that was closer (mutual good friends) and while there helped him put together the Chevy truck for his soon to be 16 daughter that conveniently needed the cooling system filled so we used it there too :). Buddy just rebuilt a 350 for it with a Vortec bottom end (for roller cam mostly, not sure why he was set against the vortec heads but reasonable plan anyway) and the stock TBI setup and headers and a rebuilt 4L60, should be a decent teenager truck...

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
Had a busy weekend. Local offroad group put on a Spring Fling Saturday. Then celebrated Easter with the family Sunday. Had to get the flower beds cleaned up since we are having people over for my daughter's birthday Saturday. Still got a chance to rep TRS at the meet and see some cool rigs. Unfortunately there were only 2 Rangers at the event
Messenger_creation_4e44a26d-57ef-4f32-9fad-f0ee3fe9b23d.jpeg
Messenger_creation_8055b73e-cd4c-445d-a40c-0968f5602750.jpeg
20240331_102536.jpg
20240331_135248.jpg
20240330_131120.jpg
20240330_131130.jpg
20240330_131543.jpg
20240330_131726.jpg
20240330_131349.jpg

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Had a busy weekend. Local offroad group put on a Spring Fling Saturday. Then celebrated Easter with the family Sunday. Had to get the flower beds cleaned up since we are having people over for my daughter's birthday Saturday. Still got a chance to rep TRS at the meet and see some cool rigs. Unfortunately there were only 2 Rangers at the event View attachment 108418View attachment 108419View attachment 108420View attachment 108421View attachment 108422View attachment 108423View attachment 108424View attachment 108425View attachment 108426
What a beautiful young lady!

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
What a beautiful young lady!
Thank you sir. She's our little angel. At least 50% of the time haha. Has to get it from her momma.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I'm a couple days late on "today", I had a 4 day Easter weekend but it felt like 1 day where all I did was eat and sniff welding fumes.

This was my Easter break project, I bought the metal for it probably a year ago and got the idea like 4 or 5 years ago when I snagged the light bar at a yard sale. I had to build it just right so that my slide in camper won't touch it - and I think it might anyway, it's a very close fit. Main goal was to have some back glass protection if I'm hauling rocks or wood... and some light if I'm loading a trailer at night. It might deter tailgaters too.
IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
mowed the lawn for the first time this season... Now hopefully I will sell the damn house before I need to mow it again... (probably not with 30 day closing)

AJ

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
[
I'm a couple days late on "today", I had a 4 day Easter weekend but it felt like 1 day where all I did was eat and sniff welding fumes.

This was my Easter break project, I bought the metal for it probably a year ago and got the idea like 4 or 5 years ago when I snagged the light bar at a yard sale. I had to build it just right so that my slide in camper won't touch it - and I think it might anyway, it's a very close fit. Main goal was to have some back glass protection if I'm hauling rocks or wood... and some light if I'm loading a trailer at night. It might deter tailgaters too.
View attachment 108451
View attachment 108452
The inside of that bed could use a little Rustoleum…

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
[

Nah... that bed was originally two tone black & metallic brown. Someone did a poor job of painting it white to match the cab... then an even worse job of roll on Herculiner or something like that, which is peeling off. I'm just gonna let it peel. It looks better than the roof, that has a huge dent and a lot of smaller dents from when the truck got rolled. It's just a beater work truck.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Nah... that bed was originally two tone black & metallic brown. Someone did a poor job of painting it white to match the cab... then an even worse job of roll on Herculiner or something like that, which is peeling off. I'm just gonna let it peel. It looks better than the roof, that has a huge dent and a lot of smaller dents from when the truck got rolled. It's just a beater work truck.
I say again:

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Yesterday afternoon I fueled up my backhoe, checked the fluids and charged the battery to get it ready to plow the 12-18" of snow we're expecting today and tomorrow. I also got my generator ready because they're predicting 40 mph winds along with the wet, heavy snow. My Ranger is in front of the generator all covered with dust. I'm sick of winter and ready to start complaining about black flies and hot weather.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Yesterday afternoon I fueled up my backhoe, checked the fluids and charged the battery to get it ready to plow the 12-18" of snow we're expecting today and tomorrow. I also got my generator ready because they're predicting 40 mph winds along with the wet, heavy snow. My Ranger is in front of the generator all covered with dust. I'm sick of winter and ready to start complaining about black flies and hot weather.
You can come down and cut my grass if it makes you feel better

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals