• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Burning it is no good, it puts the stuff in the air and you can breath it in and get poison ivy reaction in your throat and lungs
This, yes. The stuff of nightmares. I have to be real careful about eating campfire roasted food.

At scout camp once a kid got some on his arsehole wiping with leaves. That had to have been an embarrassing trip to the ER for him.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
Put a exhaust fan in the chicken house, still need to wire it in but the hard part is done. Not a cheap fan, 14” , 17x17 opening. 1400 cfm, $179. Not easy climbing up a ladder while holding it to put into the hole. The fan I did have was just a house box fan, going to flip it around & run it at night to draw cool air in. The other day it was 80 in the feed room area, at night when I went to close their outside door to the run several had their wings out from their bodies to try & cool off. The next thing if I need more air will be to make a fence panel where the sliding door is, might make a 2nd door to the run and have it be expanded metal to let air in. The big window on the east side opens but dont want it open at night since it has residential house screen in it, A raccoon could go right through that with ease. 3 schools of thought for the fan electrical connection. 1- timer like I use for the other fan & the outside light, have it come on at dawn, shut off at dusk, other fan I will have running at night but be off during the day. 2-a thermostat control, can set to come on at say 90 & run until cools off below that. its about 30-40 bucks. 3- just run it constantly, my “electrical panel” is a 7-outlet power strip with switches on every outlet. Has a circuit breaker & runs to a heavy extension cord going into the garage to a 15amp outlet with breaker in a regular breaker box. Never have had it trip yet. All im running electrically is a floresent light fixture in both feed room/bird area (switched separately), a bug zapper in bird area, a cord for the heated waterer for winter months and a outside led light over the door to go into feed room, and the fan.
2.65 amp draw on this new fan, not too bad. 4-blade but huge amount of pitch to the blades. curious to see how noisy it will be. Rainy now & will be tomorrow but at least I can be under roof for the finish of this project.
View attachment 110459View attachment 110460View attachment 110461View attachment 110462
That looks like the same thermostat for an attic exhaust fan. Search them on eBay:

IMG_1830.png

With tax, less than $30 delivered to you.

Government electric is only going to go up. I’m not sure what the cost of electricity is in Ohio, but down here it would pay for itself if it controlled by temperature, instead of a timer. Also, here in Hotlanta, the danger is we have very hot days for several days/weeks in a row, and it would never shut off. I don’t think that would be an issue in Ohio.

I have two exhaust fans in my attic (1200 ft.²), but that’s mostly because I would never want to change one in the middle of the Summer. One is always running.

There’s only two things that go wrong with them. The bimetallic strip warps/wears out, and it has to be replaced. But usually, the contacts burn out. I’m guessing that happens every two or three years. I swap it out, but with a little file, I can usually clean the contacts and that becomes my spare.

My 2 cents, hope it helps.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Yes, I was on fleabay a little while ago and saw that style along with the other style I had a picture of. Im going to set it up with a plug on one side of thermostat & socket on the other in case I would want to use it for heating purposes too, plus if (when) it fails I can easily exchange it for one of my light timers to get me by.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
On the fire extinguisher, I have a half dozen of those $10 1 or 2 gallon bug sprayers from Home Depot. If I’m cutting or welding or whatever that might cause a fire, I fill up a couple of them with just water and have them close by. Just a thought, hope it helps.
I have one in the garage. The thought never even crossed my mind.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I'm aware but I've yet to get poison ivy. Getting it in the lungs would have sucked for sure, if it was a problem. In anycase, it isn't s problem for now on my side of the fence. I do have to buy a new fire extinguisher for the garage though. The neighbors left all kinds of leaves and crap against the fence and it caught fire a time or two.

One of the things on the to do list is to install a solid, wood, six foot fence on that side. That should fix some of the issues. The posts and everything is on my side. So, it's my fence to take care of and it is due for a replacement.
If you want help on the fence, I’m sure we can work something out

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
If you want help on the fence, I’m sure we can work something out
Thanks. It's not on the needs done immediately list. Just on the to do list.

I need to finish the retaining wall for garden and the benches for the fire pit first. The wood for the benches needs to dry since pressure treated lumber is sold soaking wet. So, they will probably be sitting out all summer before I even cut them in order to set them in place.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
A friend of my boss was trying to get rid of a '01 Tahoe for cheap and a friend decided to get it so I rode with him to my boss's house so that took a bit of today, other than that I gathered most of the steel plate I have on hand into one location for my current project. Then I slightly switched gears to find a way to get more moisture out of my air compressor, I remembered I have a broken 3 gallon compressor so I stripped the compressor off of it and put a male and female quick connect on it in different ports so it should condense in there hopefully... It's after a water separator and I put one after it too... Need good dry air for my plasma cutter that I'll need here soon...

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Started putting together my video for the recent trip to Moore Expo. My computer is struggling to compile part 1 right now. In a couple hours, it will be ready to upload to YouTube. Thinning out 5 days worth of video clips and still photos to make something that isn't "too long" is quite a task some days. I had over 35 hours of dash cam footage to wade through, plus the rear camera footage and videos and still photos on my phone. Part one is just under 45 minutes long and that just covers my 2 day adventure getting to SMORR.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I didn't have fabrication in me tonight, tomorrow I'll work on a plan for the trans crossmember, I stared at the stock radius arm crossmember a bit to see where I want to bisect it with the plasma cutter tomorrow, I'll start big and whittle down... but I'm going to start by making side plates to bolt to the frame and runners to go along the bottom of the frame, possibly a piece on the inside, we'll see... I have a partial plan in my knoggin...

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Just another day working on the new house before we move in.
Has anyone else ever had to use a wire wheel on an angle grinder to take the paint off an interior wall?? The previous owners painted the walls with a sand textured paint that can’t be sanded. I burns through 2 sheets of 80 grit sandpaper in a spot less then 1 square foot trying to remove it.
The only thing I’ve found that will take it off reasonably quickly is an angle grinder with a wire wheel cup. I’m literally shooting sparks off a sheet rock wall trying to remove this stuff.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Have you tried just living with the textured wall?

That’s what I would do.

ericbphoto

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Have you tried just living with the textured wall?

That’s what I would do.
No. It’s not living with the textured wall that’s the problem, it’s living with my wife with the textured wall that’s the problem.
I’ve already sanded the textured walls down in 2 rooms, what’s one more?!?! Here’s a bucket of sanding dust for you:

7FAC7DFC-CFB7-44E4-8F56-D74FC234FB49.jpeg

The other 2 rooms were easy, the texture on those walls was just spackle. This last one is actually sand mixed in with the paint. (For better traction on the walls?)

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

ericbphoto

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
No. It’s not living with the textured wall that’s the problem, it’s living with my wife with the textured wall that’s the problem.
I’ve already sanded the textured walls down in 2 rooms, what’s one more?!?! Here’s a bucket of sanding dust for you:

View attachment 110593

The other 2 rooms were easy, the texture on those walls was just spackle. This last one is actually sand mixed in with the paint. (For better traction on the walls?)
I climbed the walls regularly while I was married. Texture would have been helpful.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals