• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what do i need

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok guys
so i am officially finally doing the 4wd swap.
so what do i need i dont want to do a leaf sspring set up because then i have to put new steering setup in.so i need trans transfer case and a 93 ranger 4wd front end,no how does this work.do the coils go right into the coil buckets on my 2wd or is it a torsion bar on the 4wd and if its a torsion bar i can jsut replace my crossmember with a torsion bar one.and finally what has to be done to mount the 4wd front end up in the front corssmember and bracket wise.
thanks
ryan

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
What type of 4x4 are you doing? solid axle?

If your talking about your 93, it has a TTB setup bot the 2wd and 4wd. The torsen bars are only 98+.

Mostly what you will need it the engine crossmember from a 4x4 truck, the coils, a d35 axle with similar gearing, all the bracketryand hangers for the axles and radius arms, a 4x4 transmission and Tcase. thats All i can think of right now...

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
if you are able to get a 4x4 parts truck then youll have everything you need, otherwise youll want the engine cross member, the steering parts, the axle (duh) with radius arms (you might want to lengthen them farther down the road so spares are nice to have), the drive shafts (front and rear), the floor plate and boot where the t case shifter will pass through (unless your going electric), the transmission (if you have a 3.0l make sure you get the trans from a 3.0l), the transfer case and all linkage, and theres probably a couple more small things i over looked.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
will parts fro ma 1990 4.0 4x4 work?

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
they might, but i know that the 90' has a c channel front frame section and the 94 has a boxed front section with the crumple zone, so im not 100% sure if it will work?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals