• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what do you think?

w_pinkerton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
so i've been keeping my eyes open for a newer style f150. i've looked all over for one that i like for a decent price, talk about a difficult task lol. but my local car dealership finally got one in, and its pretty much exactly what i want. its an '04 f150 supercab 6 1/2 ft. box. 43,000 miles, has the 5.4, and power everything. they're asking $19,000. blue book value is around 22. so what do you guys think? do you think theres a reason for why its so cheap?

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'd run a Carfax on that if I were you.

I'd guess something not covered by warranty (like a crash that tweaked the frame) is at issue.

Wow, $19K is cheap. That's almost 10 times what I've paid for anything except the Prizm (my only new vehicle).

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
well if it was a ford dealer, it would be closer to the $22,000. now if someone traded it in to a non ford dealer, they probably just want to get it sold since it cant be certified preowned. and yes, sure theres something to do with warranty.

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
My dad got an 07, 4dr fx4 5.4 power everything and it was 32k. I would think your price would be a little higher also.

w_pinkerton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yeah i've been thinking the same thing. usually the ones i find for around that price have about 80,000+ miles on them. but this isn't a ford dealership its at... so it could have something to do with that i guess. i still have to go talk to the guys and test drive it and such, so hopefully i'll be able to do that on tuesday or wednesday when i'm not so busy. i'll let you know if i find anything out about it.

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
I'd run a Carfax on that if I were you.

I'd guess something not covered by warranty (like a crash that tweaked the frame) is at issue.

Wow, $19K is cheap. That's almost 10 times what I've paid for anything except the Prizm (my only new vehicle).

Don't bother paying for a Carfax IMO. They're nothing but :bsflag:

For fun we ran one on our C2500 when we bought it brand new and the report said it was on it's third owner and had been in a wreck.

A friend of mine works at a Nissan dealership and he's had tons of trouble with the accuracy of the reports.

Not worth the 27 or what ever bucks. IMO

Adam

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals