• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What to buy now?

baadboy11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
This wasn't getting any attention so i'll try it here...:bye:

Well as ya'll know I totaled my ranger, so now i'm in the hunt for a new truck and need some opinions. I would love a new ranger but I am leaning towards a four door pickup because I usually need to haul people around...sooooo

My choices
1. Toyota Tacoma crew cab
2. Nissan Frontier crew cab
3.Chevy Colorado crew cab
4. Ranger 3 door...maybe

Any opinions on these trucks, or any experience with them? It will probably be a newer model. I'm mostly interested in reliability, towing capacity, fuel economy...not that those are all possible but....

any comments appreciated!! Thnx guys:icon_thumby:

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Of course im gonna say to go with the ranger, however, my next choice would be the Yota. The fact that you want to haul people in a mini truck doesnt work out to well no matter which one of those you get.

baadboy11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Its kinda about finding a balance between a truck/people hauler/ gas mileage....I will not own a car and an SUV is not really what i want.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I would have to say that the Toyota would be your best bet. Next I would have to say the Nissan. You will get a long life out of a Toyota truck. My dad has a friend who has gotten over 400,000 out of all three toyota trucks he has had over the years. He gets that many miles, then turns it into a offroader and buys a new one, and repeats that.

My grandpa and great uncle (grandpa's brother) only buy Nissans. My great uncle worked his entire life as a Nissan technician (from his mid 20's to the time he retired last year). He knows them well and buys nothing but them.

The Ranger wasn't in my top two sugestions becuase of the fact that if you need to haul people, an extended cab doesn't do that very well... Unless they are small kids. Otherwise, you need a real 4 door pickup.

baadboy11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
anyone had any experience with the chevy colorado?

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
They Had a thread about the Colorado... from what I read it was a very crappy truck. IDK? I would Say Ranger but some girls i know seem to like the 4 door nissans frontiers. But The ranger is the best for gas mileage which i would be more concerned about then the comfort of my passengers.

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
you have a couple options-

1. get an explorer

2. import a 4 door ranger cab

3. build your own 4 door ranger cab

good luck!!:icon_thumby:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
My Grandfather Has A Nissan Frontier Crew Cab, They're Amazing, There VERY Roomy, He Drove To Florida To Get Her, Were From Newfoundland, Canada. But The Nissans Are Very Reliable, Thats What He Had Before, And His New One Is A 2008, Its Got A Built In Satellite Radio, And Bluetooth Where You Can Talk To Your Truck!, Its So Cool, I Will Get His Gas Mileage From Him Later For Ya

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Explorer Sport Trac. The Colorados suck imo, the first word that comes to mind when I think of them is "flimsy." The build quality just sucks. The 5 cylinder engine sucks, and you can only get an automatic with it. I don't know anything about the 4 cyl, but you can get 4x4 with it. I would consider the Sport Trac, or maybe go with Toyota.

baadboy11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
well it seems now its between the nissan and the yota...unless someone can import me a 4 door ranger, because i would get that without hesitation...anyone know anybody who has done this? I've seen a few threads where it was discussed, but has anyone been successful?

Last edited:

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I would try to get a explorer sportrac first- then the yota as a second choice. After that just walk. Nissan is a flimsy POS (I bought a new one and dumped that hunk of CRAP after a year). I wouldn't even consider anything GM built- Had one of those too, ultra POS). Toyota has high dollar parts on certain items, they're not all high, but some are unreal- (sister's 83 camry A/C compressor- $1200 without the clutch!!!) This was just the part from the counter, not installed. Of course I didn't buy it, but buyer beware.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals