• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Whats too fast

Snowdoogie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
On the news tonight they were saying that the RCMP clocked a motercycle doing 263 kmh (164 mph) northern Alberta. This guy got a fine of $12,000 and no points.
The fastest I have ever done was was just over 100 mph, and that was too fast, yeah about 15 minutes later RCMP got me for doing 77mph.

I have nothing to prove these days, and my 3.0l is a dog.

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I've read that the hayabusa is limited at 186, and will do considerably more with a reprogram. Even crazier, when turbocharged, those things will WHEELIE at the maximum speed the engine can withstand in top gear.

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Too Fast? I drove past the peg on my bosses shelby(150) that was too fast for one reason. OTHER SPEEDERS WERE IN THE WAY.

skinner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
140+ is my estimate in my hopped up monte(speedo buried past 130...had tons left in her)..my first real venture into building power...
that car(an 88 supersport) handled like a dream, and rode beautifully...
but at that speed...hit one little dip and bump in the road and felt like i was going to take off...
since that haven't been much past 90.
Ranger now won't do 85 and thats fine by me :)

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
I once did 140 in a 455 gto,never had the bug to do it again.Too fast is when the paint starts coming off.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I've read that the hayabusa is limited at 186, and will do considerably more with a reprogram. Even crazier, when turbocharged, those things will WHEELIE at the maximum speed the engine can withstand in top gear.
Yes and no. With the limiter programmed out and a full exhaust change to a Yoshimura or similar it is good for 193. Even then that's on the speedo, actual speed is less. My best was 176 mph on a 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R. That was the GPS reading, speedo showed much higher.

PS. that was on a track. Doing that on the street is for retards and soon-to-be dead folks.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ive done over 100 in pretty much every vehicle ive owned. i dont speed much anymore because im usually not in that big of a hurry to get anywhere.

if i was rich and had a death wish, i wouldnt mess around with all these dinky american muscle cars...id get myself a bugatti veyron. 253 MPH. the worlds fastest production car...and it does all this with lincoln quality :derisive:

skyhigh91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I dont do excessive speeding too much anymore, but had to try the lightning 145mph on GPS. Pretty good for a truck, but not recommended the truck was floating pretty good. But now the ranger barely does 70mph good enough.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
TRS doesn't allow the promotion of illegal activities. Keep that in mind while you are bragging.

If you could run 200mph, I would be impressed. Otherwise, if you passed me going that fast I would be praying for the opportunity to pull out your esophogas and jump rope with it.

Some people's trucks are so dangerous that they are taking more of a risk at 65mph than the 160mph motorcycle guy.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I've been a 100 MPH in couple of friends cars, been a little over 90 in the B2 which is of course way too fast for a B2, I normally cruise 70 on the freeway and I'm perfectly comfortable with it. I'm not about all out speed, I like acceleration and spinning tires more. I don't care if you wan't to go stupid fast, just don't do it around others.

jobar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter
Transmission
Manual
I usually dont go fast but, I raced my friend and his V6 mustang. He was determined that his V6 was faster than a V8 mustang. I proved him wrong as I borrowed another friend of mines mustang. I was doin somewhere around 145-146 not sure how fast he was goin.

P.S. this was on a track. Not a fan of street racing.:icon_thumby:

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've been over 100 mph within a 1/4 mile and did it legally!

When I was young I got a LOT of speeding tickets, I'm smarter than that now.

To fast is when you can't stop for that little kid chasing a ball out into the road.

Last edited:

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ive had my 88 2.9 5spd speedo maxed out and i could feel the truck still speeding up i dunno what the mph is but the speedo max was 140 kph

Bunnell1988

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I drove down to Baltimore one and got on I 695. It was insane. I was doing 130 in my Talon (lots of room to get up to the speed mind you) and was still getting passed.

130 has been my max, and probably will be for awhile. Did it once on a road close to my house and had to pull over, back got all tight an felt sick for some reason. Dont see that happening in the Ranger

ak96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
my explorer has only seen about 120mph

fastest i ever went was 130 in our chrysler 300C hemi

i was sticking right with a mustang GT thru the twistys he didnt like that he couldnt shake me nomatter what he tryed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals