• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

why not to tailgate

Beef52751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
one reason i love my diesel, everyone in their brand new BMW hates diesel soot on it!!! no one tailgates the ranger, must be afraid of flying parts :)

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
that wasn't tailgating.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Out here that's a safe following distance... :icon_rofl: Well, not safe, but about as good as you'll find.

That said, I hope she had an extra pair of pants with her.
that wasn't tailgating.
I agree she had a good 50 feet. I've seen way worse on the interstate.

With that said I have been hit with a good size tire chunk when a semi blew a tire out I was one car behind him on I75 just outside dayton during rush hour we was in the left lane cars every where. I could see the tire blow but I couldn't go anywhere the car infront of me ran over a chunk and threw it up I thought it was going to hit the windshield so i flenched for the inpack, but it dropped and hit my driveside mirror and went down the side of my car. As soon as I could I got off and went to a gas station to check the damage all it did was leave a giant scuff mark down the side that I was able to rub off.

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
She is lucky to be breathing! I had a similar thing happen to me but it was like a piece of plywood and it went thru my bumper valace and ripped it 3/4 of the way off. And destroyed my brand new fog lights that i put on 2 weeks before. And i was 2sec behind the driver so i wasnt realy tailgating! I thought this was about having a cookout before the big game at first! :D

Last edited:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
might want to hit the edit button, for that last line there... this is "general discussion"

i don't care what that link said, that video is a fake... there's just too many suspicious things about it... regardless, it is a very good lesson

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I had someone hit my tanker when I slammed the brakes on for a bear. Tried to get me on hit and run but frankly at 107k pounds I didn't even feel their F-150 hit.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
I had someone hit my tanker when I slammed the brakes on for a bear. Tried to get me on hit and run but frankly at 107k pounds I didn't even feel their F-150 hit.
i read that wrong, thought you "slammed on your brakes for a BEER" i must be up too early.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no need to slam on your brakes for a beer...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
My Ranger got rear-ended once by someone tailgating in a car. It was in a local park and wasn't much more than a tap, but it was enough to F their front bumper/grille and hood. Didn't do anything more than put a little crease mark in the plastic trim on my step bumper. Too bad I didn't have a hitch on it then. The lil S**t that hit me wound his window down a half inch and said he called the cops. Fine. So 15 minutes later I'm explaining it for the third time to the audience of now 9 police officers and we're trading remarks about the amount of damages (all of these officers were from the township and not the county that has jurisdiction in the park). Finally the county cop shows up, gets told what all happened from the cops talking with me, goes over to the car and asks the kid for license/registration/insurance.... and hey, your insurance and registration cards you gave me are expired... does the girl in the car with you have ID? No? Well, you're definitely getting a ticket for following too close and more if you can't produce valid insurance/registration information.....

At that point the kid started getting beligerant and threatening the cop, who turned, told me I was free to go, and went back to explaining to the kid that this was not going to end well, lol.

Yea, don't tailgate... especially if you're not legal to begin with...

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what an idiot! if i rearended someone, and didn't do much damage, and had no insurance, i would keep my mouth shut, and suggest we don't report it...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
what an idiot! if i rearended someone, and didn't do much damage, and had no insurance, i would keep my mouth shut, and suggest we don't report it...
Yup, you think that would be the smart thing to do.... apparently he wasn't the brightest crayon in the box though....

His mommy and daddy called my parents and told them they were going to sue us for everything we had over it. I called my insurance company and they had a good laugh and said not to worry.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they were going to sue you, because he hit you?

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That video was just on GMA, woman said she was filming the two trucks cause they had been fooling around and she was going to report them to their companies. She's very lucky.
Dave

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that'll teach her to stick her nose where it doesn't belong... had she been paying attention to the road, instead of trying to be a nosey *****, she may still have a windsheild

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals