• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wish we could get this here...

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
His theory is they had a bunch of extra FX4 interior parts as the new '15's were coming out and they devised the Tremor to use them up
I think Ram did something similar with the 4th gens too. They were available new as of a year ago alongside the 5th gens.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think Ram did something similar with the 4th gens too. They were available new as of a year ago alongside the 5th gens.
Not really, that is more like the old F-150 Heritage running the old body style alongside the new gen. Ram is actually still doing it.

That kind of Tremor quit when the 14's quit before the new 15's came out.

It just seemed like they had a bunch of extra extra stuff since they were cramming Supercab/crew parts in a standard cab.

Josh P

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
View attachment 106286

Of course overseas only.

I might actually buy a new ranger if this was here.
When I was in the Philippines a few weeks ago, I seen them with a 2.0 bi-turbo diesel engine, the raptor version, etc. I wish we could get the everest, that's a sweet car.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
View attachment 106286

Of course overseas only.

I might actually buy a new ranger if this was here.
You said “might actually buy”… Ford doesn’t bank on people who “might” buy something. They’ll keep producing crew cabs that they know will sell, and will sell for more profit.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
You said “might actually buy”… Ford doesn’t bank on people who “might” buy something. They’ll keep producing crew cabs that they know will sell, and will sell for more profit.
It would hinge on how stupidly overpriced they are.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Kinda sucks though.

When we get done with car seats in the back my need for a crew cab will go away. I really miss the nimbleness of my supercab F-150 compared to my crewcab 6.5' F-150. A normal 5.5' short bed for a crew cab is kinda why bother...

Just extrapolating though... not sure how much newer I want to go. We will see what the world is like when I get my '16 paid off but really I am not super crazy about the current trajectory of the pickup market.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Kinda sucks though.

When we get done with car seats in the back my need for a crew cab will go away. I really miss the nimbleness of my supercab F-150 compared to my crewcab 6.5' F-150. A normal 5.5' short bed for a crew cab is kinda why bother...

Just extrapolating though... not sure how much newer I want to go. We will see what the world is like when I get my '16 paid off but really I am not super crazy about the current trajectory of the pickup market.
Im in that boat.

My next purchase WILL be a pickup of some sort. When the jeep is paid off my 97 will be ready to retire...and unfourtantly the supply of 73-96 Fords in nice shape and not modified to death, beat to death, or priced like a gold bar will probably be zero.

Im not sure what ill end up doing. These are bad times to be pickup traditionalists

lowspeedpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's mostly it, I think. Maybe a lot of folks do want regular cabs, but they're also the sorts of people who buy used. Ford (and everyone else) make vehicles for people who buy new.

There's also the question of relative profit. I see a lot of people saying regular cabs were dropped for being unprofitable. They don't have to be unprofitable, they just have to be substantially less profitable than larger cabs.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's mostly it, I think. Maybe a lot of folks do want regular cabs, but they're also the sorts of people who buy used. Ford (and everyone else) make vehicles for people who buy new.
If they are in demand on the used market the resale value should reflect that.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Im in that boat.

My next purchase WILL be a pickup of some sort. When the jeep is paid off my 97 will be ready to retire...and unfourtantly the supply of 73-96 Fords in nice shape and not modified to death, beat to death, or priced like a gold bar will probably be zero.

Im not sure what ill end up doing. These are bad times to be pickup traditionalists
Same here. The 2019 is nice but there is just too much electronics that is interdependent with each other in it. One thing goes, it can take out other systems as well.

I think that when the time come to replace something, I'm going to find an old truck and rebuild it rather than buy new. Something in the early to mid 70's would be ideal. Assuming I can find something in good enough shape at that point. I don't want something that someone already restored. People want too much money for them.

lowspeedpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If they are in demand on the used market the resale value should reflect that.
I didn't do a great job expressing what I meant, which is that if a strong preference for regular cabs correlates with high price sensitivity/elasticity, that preference won't have much influence on the market. I agree with snoranger: the market doesn't care how you feel; it cares what you actually do with your money.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think that when the time come to replace something, I'm going to find an old truck and rebuild it rather than buy new. Something in the early to mid 70's would be ideal. Assuming I can find something in good enough shape at that point. I don't want something that someone already restored. People want too much money for them.
That would be much more enjoyable if one didn't live in the rust belt...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals