• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wont turn over

armyhorse86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
so i have a 2.9l b2 that isnt starting. everything seems to be in working order but its just not going. does anyone have any idea of whats going on? im guessing its maybe something with the fuel injectors???:icon_confused:

Jorley

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
Transmission
Manual
Does the engine spin when you engage the starter? Check for fire at the plugs and fuel pressure on the injector rail.

armyhorse86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
yep ive got both, just curious but would the oxygen sensor that is on the exhaust "Y" pipe have anything to do with it?

armyhorse86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
forgot to mention that it does have fuel pressure at 40 psi

grnrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Probably never happens to anyone else, but there have been a couple times while doing a tuneup that I forgot to put the rotor back in....or had the coil wire unconnected at one end

grnrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Missedthe "Yep, got both.."reply, so if you do have fire at the plugs, your rotor and coil wire are prolly OK. Have you made any changes to the truck recently? My first action would be to check ALL the electrical connections for tightness, it's not unusual to knock something loose while working on something totally unrelated. You might also try removing BOTH battery cables for 10 minutes or so, that resets some of the computer crap. When you put them back on, positive cable first, then do the negative cable quick and firmly, I've had computers in other cars "get confused" if you make a couple short weak connections before actually getting it properly attached.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
so i have a 2.9l b2 that isnt starting. everything seems to be in working order but its just not going. does anyone have any idea of whats going on? im guessing its maybe something with the fuel injectors???:icon_confused:
Including ALL the pertinent info will help you get much better answers....it wouldn't crank over due to you needed to connect the two wires from the AT neutral switch in the wiring harness....here's link to your other thread:
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=126093#post126093

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals