• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Yet another body lift question...

182Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter
Transmission
Manual
I got a '99 4x4, 3.0, with a 5 speed. Stock at the moment, but not for long. I've been searching the internet and stores around my area for a body lift. I've found many different brands, sizes, and so on. I want something where I won't have to do much modifying to, just to make it easier for myself. Something that comes with a filler neck extension, manual transmission extension, and I also heard that some of these need a steering extesion as well? My main question is what brand to go with, I've seen so many so it is kinda overwhelming to find one. I apprecite the help in advance. Thanks.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
idk what kind of tranny u have but if its the mazda one u need the part 3700 shift extension. and it comes with steering extension.

182Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter
Transmission
Manual
All it is, its a Ford 5 speed. Are there different types of transmissions for these?

182Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter
Transmission
Manual
That kit seems great, thanks! ...but what do you do to extend the filler neck? Would one from an F150 work by any chance? (just the hose itself).

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
nope u shouldnt have to do anything i didnt on mine it just lifts up. its got slack in it

182Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter
Transmission
Manual
Great, thank you. Planning on doing it myself, shouldn't be too hard, eh? I was skimming over the online instructions for the kit, and it said that you amy have to do some welding to weld the bed supports to the frame. Did you have to do this to yours?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
no i didnt thats weird shouldnt be any welding but there might be some cutting idk about that year. and a floor jack or 2 works good with a 6x6 post if ur doing it alone. be sure to disconect the steering first be for u lift it and go slow on the body cuz there might be some wires or lines for something that could get hung up and break.

BowTech99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 and 1998
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Turbo 2.5L and 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a ranger identical to yours with a 3" body.

Filler neck won't have to be modified, steering will be fine, The shifter however WILL have to be lengthend, Ac hose will rub(but theres' a cover for it) And your tow hooks will no longer be needed. (unless you cut the valance). I believe thats it.

Pretty simple. I went with the summit brand lift, they're all the same. But you will need to order the shifter ext. I had one laying around from other projects. Got quite a few steering ext's.

Oh btw, The bed supports are only if you plan on hauling a bunch in the bed. Keeps it from bowing in the middle. Unless you haul a bunch, throw them in the scrap bucket.

182Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter
Transmission
Manual
Did the kit come with everything you needed? I've never heard of the bed supports, how do they work? ...and fo you got any pictures of it?

Thanks.

schaffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I bought my truck with a body lift already on it. The p/o just trimmed the tunnel around the shifter a bit but the console around the shifter wont fit right.

Anywhere I can just buy the shifter extension?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals