• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Quick Disconnect issue

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dropped the trans to install a freeze plug in the head. Replaced slave while it was down. Now I can't get the line back in the new slave. 94 4x4 5speed 3.0. The fluid line fitting isorange and the coupling on the old slave was also orange and coupled with tiny fingers. The new slave has a larger plastic sleeve and use a clip to hold the connection in. I tried both white plastic sleeves, new larger and old smaller. The way the connection sticks through the trans, I can't get to the clip except to remove it. I can get it in part way, but it doesn't click, starts to leak and pulls back out. The new slave is a Technovation from Advance Auto. The old slave is a Dorman I think.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There is a change in the connector between 92 to 93 they look like there going to fit but they don't.Sounds like you got the earlier one ran into this problem on my swap I fixed it by getting the other hose that goes to the master cylinder see if your line hooks up to your old slave cylinder.

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do I need a new line with a different quick release connection? I thought they were standard connections. I did notice the line is separate from the master unlike my 87. But the pictures seem to show the orange connection that I have now. I hope I can find a line that matches the Technovation slave

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Quick disconnect 2

Trying to connect the line on a 94 4x4 3.0. Does the small white plastic sleeve go between the slave cylinder retaining clip and the slave. I've tried putting it on the quick disconnect fitting "before" pushing the fitting into the clip, it won't go. If the white sleeve goes on the slave cylinder side of the retaining clip, do I need to stick the sleeve in the hole and then push the quick disconnect through the clip?

np24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The white plastic sleeve goes on the outermost part of the disconnect. You slide it in to lift the tangs and release the line.
It might take a lil bit of force to get the connection to make with a new o-ring in it.

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats my problem, I can't seem to get the line in far enough to connect with the slave while plastic sleeve on the outside part of the disconnect. I also can't get to the clip/tangs to adjust anything. Is there a different line that goes with the Technovation slave from Advance Auto? Or are all the master to slave lines standard? The Dorman slave I took out has little fingers on the inside, the Technovation slave has a clip.

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Quick connect, really?

94 3.0 4x4. I can't get the master cylinder line to stay in. It wouldn't go in so I yanked the trans back out. I just don't get the click and the line isn't secure in the slave. It pops back out with a slight tug. Plus it leaks so I'm sure its not connected properly. I didn't put the white sleeve back on after messing with it the first time and it still won't connect. Video said the sleeve was only a guide. The line just doesn't seem to go into the slave far enough to seal, click or hold. I tried opening the bleeder, still won't go in far enough. I'm guessing the hydralic line connection might be bad, is it possible that the line needs to be replaced? Or maybe the holding clip is bad. I really need to get this thing out of my garage so I can yank the engine out of my '87.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Push it in and manually pull the locking collar forward. Same thing happened to me on a 2001 f-150. And AFAIK, that white collar IS the locking clip

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Thats my problem, I can't seem to get the line in far enough to connect with the slave while plastic sleeve on the outside part of the disconnect. I also can't get to the clip/tangs to adjust anything. Is there a different line that goes with the Technovation slave from Advance Auto? Or are all the master to slave lines standard? The Dorman slave I took out has little fingers on the inside, the Technovation slave has a clip.
Is it the right slave. They changed the connector around 93 or 94. They look similar, but will not work with each other.

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I should check my parts before leaving Advance Auto. They gave me the wrong slave cylinder. The new was tested before installing, like I should've done the first time. And it connects, clicks, doesn't leak and clips in perfectly. Its amazing what the correct part will do for your backyard mechanic jobs.

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I should check my parts before leaving Advance Auto. They gave me the wrong slave cylinder. The new was tested before installing, like I should've done the first time. And it connects, clicks, doesn't leak and clips in perfectly. Its amazing what the correct part will do for your backyard mechanic jobs.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
i mentioned that in the other thread you started about this same problem.

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals