Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Styling & Electrical > Lighting/Illumination

Notices

Lighting/Illumination This forum is for headlamps, auxillary lighting, interior lighting, and LED conversions.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
Doom's Day Custom

Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger xlt 4.0l v6
Doom's Day Custom will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDAB View Post
yeah I saw that it came with HID bulbs, doesn't mean that the lens inside the projector is for HID. HID bulbs will fit in a halogen projector and just because HID bulbs will fit in a halogen projector does not mean that the halogen lens is right fir the HID bulbs.
they are made for hids already installed no hacking or cutting what wrong with that and a projector is projector wither its for hid or halogens11
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 11-11-2009, 02:59 AM   #12
Fx4wannabe01
February 2010 OTOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Pickin' up chicks.
Fx4wannabe01 is on a distinguished road

Ad linked above.....the HID's for the headlight bucket, and halogen for the projo. And no, those and many like it are JUNK for hid's. The beam pattern is sooooo off. Look around, tons of folks over at RPS has those type of projo ebay headlight housings and they project a shitty ass beam.

The real way to do it, it retro fitting a projo from some car, or doing what the OP did or what Casper linked.
Fx4wannabe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:16 AM   #13
BDAB

Vehicle Year: 2014, 1984,1990
Vehicle Make: Dodge, Honda, F
Vehicle Model: Dart Rallye,V65 Magna, F150
I use this vehicle for: Dailyx2, Truck stuff
My credo: If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
BDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom's Day Custom View Post
a projector is projector wither its for hid or halogens11
lens cut off is different. I would attest to that in court after having tried several cheap kits like the one you linked.

if you want a true HID set up plan on spending minimum $250 wether you buy a light housing with true HID pods in it or retrofitting HID pods into your existing headlight housings or putting an HID (or LED, apparently they need a similar cut off) lens into a cheap halogen projector pod

Quote:
they are made for hids already installed no hacking or cutting what wrong with that
nothing wrong with that except cheap kits are just that.... cheap. what makes what you linked and what the op linked different is what the op linked actually requires a little work, research, and money to complete the project (gotta buy a clear housing and decent ballasts) and the pods are equipped with HID lenses.

fun fact ...... anybody know why BMW came out with those faggy angel eye rings?

for daytime running lights. HID ballasts don't like factory 3/4 daytime running light controls.

Last edited by BDAB; 11-11-2009 at 07:19 AM.
BDAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #14
Doom's Day Custom

Quote:
lens cut off is different. I would attest to that in court after having tried several cheap kits like the one you linked.

if you want a true HID set up plan on spending minimum $250 wether you buy a light housing with true HID pods in it or retrofitting HID pods into your existing headlight housings or putting an HID (or LED, apparently they need a similar cut off) lens into a cheap halogen projector pod

nothing wrong with that except cheap kits are just that.... cheap. what makes what you linked and what the op linked different is what the op linked actually requires a little work, research, and money to complete the project (gotta buy a clear housing and decent ballasts) and the pods are equipped with HID lenses.

fun fact ...... anybody know why BMW came out with those faggy angel eye rings?

for daytime running lights. HID ballasts don't like factory 3/4 daytime running light controls.

you can attest all you want i had friend with a ford bronco with hids in his stock housing just pass inspection through dmv with no problem and as long it says dot approved and they are properly aligned they don't care...I have friends with high end halogen bulbs that you can't tell if they where halogens or hids they are that bright and dmv says nothing to them either and now it might be different there where you live but here we do what we want and if we get a ticket than take then out and then just replaced them with really bright halogens either way the cops leave us alone...
Old 11-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #15
BDAB

BDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud of

I love all the assholes that like to put HID bulbs into a housing that does not have an HID projector. I an so f*cking glad you like to run down the highway blinding every body you come across. If i was a cop every one of you mother f*ckers would be tickteted and re-ticketed until the problem was fixed.

As it is it wont be long until I start taking a base ball bat to those lights. Assholes like you are part of the reason I no longer want to be a truck driver.

your housing may be DOT approved but that does not mean it is DOT approved for an HID bulb. if your friends are running halogen projectors that you can't tell its not HID then chances are it is a lens with an HID cut off because halogens are fine in an HID pod but HIDs are not fine in any old crappy halogen pod (again it is the cut off that matter, not the color of the lens)

pull you head out of your ass and learn something about HID and projectors in general instead of defending a cheap ass kit because you are too lazy to do it right.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #16
Fx4wannabe01
February 2010 OTOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Pickin' up chicks.
Fx4wannabe01 is on a distinguished road

^^Ditto. And I'm one of those guys running HID's in a halogen reflector that's been looking to solve some of the glare issues.

For what it's worth, 01+ lamps that have the 'dome' over the bulb don't have as much glare when compared to lamps that don't have that 'dome' over the bulb.
Fx4wannabe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
Doom's Day Custom

Quote:
I love all the assholes that like to put HID bulbs into a housing that does not have an HID projector. I an so f*cking glad you like to run down the highway blinding every body you come across. If i was a cop every one of you mother f*ckers would be tickteted and re-ticketed until the problem was fixed.

As it is it wont be long until I start taking a base ball bat to those lights. Assholes like you are part of the reason I no longer want to be a truck driver.

your housing may be DOT approved but that does not mean it is DOT approved for an HID bulb. if your friends are running halogen projectors that you can't tell its not HID then chances are it is a lens with an HID cut off because halogens are fine in an HID pod but HIDs are not fine in any old crappy halogen pod (again it is the cut off that matter, not the color of the lens)

pull you head out of your ass and learn something about HID and projectors in general instead of defending a cheap ass kit because you are too lazy to do it right.

You love assholes lol and plus i can't afford to pay that much for projector housings.... If you where a cop you would not be a cop for very long before you got fired or locked up ....

Last edited by Doom's Day Custom; 11-11-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Doom's Day Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #18
BDAB

Quote:
You love assholes lol and plus i can't afford to pay that much for projector housings.... If you where a cop you would not be a cop for very long before you got fire or locked ....

fired or locked up for ticketing people for braking the law?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #19
Doom's Day Custom

Quote:
fired or locked up for ticketing people for braking the law?
For breaking lights with a baseball bat!!!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #20
BDAB

I wouldn't do that as a cop ....... I said "as it is it won't be long till I start taking my base ball bat to those lights"