Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Styling & Electrical > Lighting/Illumination

Notices

Lighting/Illumination This forum is for headlamps, auxillary lighting, interior lighting, and LED conversions.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #21
daniel3507

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: truckin around
daniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant future

If you cant afford to do it the right and legal way you shouldnt do it at all. Im with BDAB on this one. Noting pisses me off more than the guys who run HID's in regular housings and think nothing is wrong with it. Its one the most dangerous things you can do with lights when you are blinding every oncoming driver.
Show Off Thread
Build Thread (click)
1993 Ranger XLT 4.0, 20% tint, 2'' spacers, RS9000XL adjustable front shocks, Bilstein rear shocks, 4.10 gears, 31'' tires, 15'' Alcoa's, custom front shackles, Lvl II rear tow hook, 2.25'' exhaust w/ Super 44, Screamin' Demon coil pack, slotted rotors w/ EBC Greenstuff, Delta Cam rockers and pushrods

2013 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost, leveling kit, 33" Toyo AT2, Firestone Ride Rite airbags, AFE Stage 2 Intake
daniel3507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 11-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #22
Doom's Day Custom

Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger xlt 4.0l v6
Doom's Day Custom will become famous soon enough

But you still would be locked up for damaging the car lol and paying for it anyways since you broke it and daniel3507 if you check out the link the housing has projectors in the housing for hids and are dot approved for hid with the projector and my buddy did that to his bronco and he had it done before i met him...
Old 11-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #23
BDAB

Vehicle Year: 2014, 1984,1990
Vehicle Make: Dodge, Honda, F
Vehicle Model: Dart Rallye,V65 Magna, F150
I use this vehicle for: Dailyx2, Truck stuff
My credo: If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
BDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud of

what are you ..... like 4........ the police have to see you brake the lights other wise its your word against mine........ don't believe me .... ask the punk that busted out my back window 10 years ago because I would not give him a ride home what the police did to him........ nothing ..........

time to get this post back on track.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #24
Doom's Day Custom

i am 250lbs i would be a pretty big 4 year old child lol
That suck mans that he broke out you window and did anything happen to fix it ???
I would just beat his ass for that !!!

Last edited by Doom's Day Custom; 11-11-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Doom's Day Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #25
BDAB

BDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom's Day Custom View Post
i am 250lbs i would be a pretty big 4 year old child lol

and you bring your shitty HID conversion around me at night and you will be a 250 pound 4 y/o with out head lights
Old 11-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #26
Doom's Day Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDAB View Post
and you bring your shitty HID conversion around me at night and you will be a 250 pound 4 y/o with out head lights
lol i would like to see you try!!!!!

Last edited by Doom's Day Custom; 11-11-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Doom's Day Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #27
Fx4wannabe01
February 2010 OTOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Pickin' up chicks.
Fx4wannabe01 is on a distinguished road

guys guys guys. it's fine. I agree with BDAB, and as I said before, I'm one of those guys who have HID's in a halogen reflector!! And I hate seeing hondas coming toward me with bright ass blinding HID's. A common thing I've noticed is the glare isn't bad on bulbs that are covered with that 'dome' over the bulbs. The only ranger to have those 'domes' are 01+. The glare is absolutely stupid dumb on the housings that don't have that 'dome'. This isn't just for Rangers, every HID converted car/truck I've seen, I've noticed this trend. dome over bulb = quite a bit less glare when compared to without dome.

We all can agree, after market cheap housings that have projos are NOT quality units that are proper for HID's. Sure..you can run them, but bloody hell the glare is absolutely horrible. The best solution is the ORIGINAL POST!!! It's not that much money. Plus, you'll be doing it right

Last edited by Fx4wannabe01; 11-11-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Fx4wannabe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #28
BDAB

In my attempt to not get this thread locked it has been taken to PM...... I have been warned before..... If I want t do things like call this punk out I have to do it in PM

Last edited by BDAB; 11-11-2009 at 11:53 AM.
BDAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
BOL

Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Model: ranger xlt 4x4 super cab
I use this vehicle for: everything
BOL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BOL

so in other words, if I have halogen set up puttinf HID bulbs in them is no good?
BOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #30
fastpakr
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Ranger
fastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the roughfastpakr is a jewel in the rough

Correct. You need to find a way to adapt a proper HID projector assembly in order to avoid the glare problem associated with just installing an HID bulb in a conventional housing.