Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Suspension & Armor > Off-Road 4x4 Suspensions

Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
wahlstrom1
J-man HD Mech

wahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the rough

I love the way they ride, I can't compare to stock as my truck had an AAL from new, and I added a second one later on but they are smooth and flex GREAT.

From the center of my hub to the top of my wheel well is 30", and thats with 150lbs of crap in the bed and 150lbs of overkill rear winch bumper.
wahlstrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 11-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #12
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

Vehicle Year: 1995 1986
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger Super Cab XLT F-150 XL
PlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSVT View Post
How are you liking the softness of those, would the Skyjackers be better?? How much are you getting with just the shackles?? I'd like to run the factory shackles and no blocks...I guess I would be hunting for an 8" lift leaf then, right?? Thanks again guys
SVT
Why do you want to keep the stock shackle? I got my drop shackles for less than 50 bucks. If you keep the stock shackles then you wont gain much travel over the stock springs.(unless you are looking to keep it stiff so you can run a larger tire and keep them out of the fenders)

-plumcrazy
==>F-OneFiddy Build Thread
PlumCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #13
RangerSVT
Oct 09 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1996 2002
Vehicle Model: SAS Ranger SC 4x4 V8 Sport Trac
I use this vehicle for: Anger Management
RangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to RangerSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumCrazy View Post
Why do you want to keep the stock shackle? I got my drop shackles for less than 50 bucks. If you keep the stock shackles then you wont gain much travel over the stock springs.(unless you are looking to keep it stiff so you can run a larger tire and keep them out of the fenders)

-plumcrazy
I wasn't plan on flipping my hangers, so I wouldn't gain much flex anyways, just lift
SVT

Member of the Turkey Bay Crew

SVT Build Thread (96 V8 Ranger)

ST Build Thread (02 V8 Sport Trac)

V8 swap Club/Info

Tuning with SCT
RangerSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

Vehicle Year: 1995 1986
Vehicle Model: Ranger Super Cab XLT F-150 XL
PlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to all

The extra length of the ext. shackles allow the spring "flatten" out more, so you gain decent amount of stuff. It may be more cost effective to go with 6 inch springs and pick up the extra 2 with shackle rather than buy an 8 inch spring, but i havnt looked into prices.

-plumcrazy
==>F-OneFiddy Build Thread
PlumCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #15
RangerSVT
Oct 09 OTOTM

RangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to beholdRangerSVT is a splendid one to behold

IDK, I might just go ahead and get me a 10" spring and do the hanger flip with the 6400's...This way I'll gain both. I'm still building the front axle, almost done, I got a deal on another D60 with factory disc brakes for cheap, so I got a 60 that I'll be selling to get that one so I got some time before I get to the rear springs
SVT

V8 swap Club/Info

Tuning with SCT
Old 11-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #16
will2045

Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Model: bronco 2
I use this vehicle for: Mud
will2045 is on a distinguished road

Ive got a 2000 ranger 3.0 flex fuel supercab 4x4 and its stock.... Im trying to decide what I want to do with it and I like the ideas here, anyone got a direct suggestion?
will2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #17
spdcrazy

Vehicle Year: mostly 86
Vehicle Make: B2
Vehicle Model: chopped top 4x4
I use this vehicle for: unusual fishing tactic's
spdcrazy is on a distinguished road

looking around for 63 or 64's and i found these. cheap as hell to.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/1539976363.html

any thoughts? if a guy wanted a bunch more flex i'm sure a few leafs should be taken out, but thats no big thing..

how is the 63 or 64 measured? is it straight from one eye to the next, or the length of the material along the curve, from eye to eye?
"Broncalanche?
Either way its confused"

Last edited by spdcrazy; 01-07-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: forgot the linky.. opps
spdcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #18
spdcrazy

also. i'm looking for between 4 and 5in of lift. if i used the chevy 4in lift leafs with the belltech 6400 or equivalent and no block i would be about spot on right?

4+1.5=5.5?

ohh and the guy emailed me back and said they measure 62in eye to eye.. thoughts?
"Broncalanche?
Either way its confused"

Last edited by spdcrazy; 01-07-2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #19
RangerSVT
Oct 09 OTOTM

when using the 63 spring, 6400 shackle, and inverting your rear hanger, you do not gain any height, but you gain articulation. When you use the 63 and do not invert the hanger or use the 6400 shackle, you do not really gain much articulation, but you gain about 3" IIRC from a factory height 63 spring. So depending you how you set it up will determine how much lift you will gain
SVT

V8 swap Club/Info

Tuning with SCT
Old 01-08-2010, 12:11 AM   #20
spdcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSVT View Post
when using the 63 spring, 6400 shackle, and inverting your rear hanger, you do not gain any height, but you gain articulation. When you use the 63 and do not invert the hanger or use the 6400 shackle, you do not really gain much articulation, but you gain about 3" IIRC from a factory height 63 spring. So depending you how you set it up will determine how much lift you will gain
SVT
ok but the 63 spring i found was for a 4in lift for a chevy. so that should lift me if i use the 6400 shackle and invert my rear hanger, correct?

now another issue i see with my B2 vs. the ranger. is i have a body mount right in front of the spring hanger. therefore i can't relocate the forward spring mounting point without hacking the bed off. thoughts?
"Broncalanche?
Either way its confused"