• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 91 Street Turbo Ranger Build!

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
any updates? i too am buildinr a 87 with a 2.3 turbo.but my truck started out with a 2.9 v6 and auto.
very nice so far...and i would use the merkers tranny...its a t5 and way stronger then the ranger.
Actually the Merkur uses a cast iron T9 which is a big steamy pile of chit. Is it any worse than a stock Ranger 5speed? Who knows.

Quickranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
LS1 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Cracks on the wastegate hole on the turbine are common, no big deal. You could have still used the header you had, just clock the turbine housing to fit where you want the downpipe to exit. But, most likely the header would crack after short use, junk china parts.

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
You could have still used the header you had, just clock the turbine housing to fit where you want the downpipe to exit.
Actually no you cant. The turbine housing has the mounting flange fixed to it so by loosening the bolts on the center cartrage you can rotate the center and the compressor housing but the turbine will never change. The only option is to buy a 5 bolt tubrine flange and built your own downpipe out of some 3" tubing that would be 90º off what the stock cast elbow is.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals