Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > 1983-2011 Off-Road & 4x4 Ford Ranger's

Notices

1983-2011 Off-Road & 4x4 Ford Ranger's Instagram and facebook are ok, but it's hard for people to follow the details of your build. Show of your trucks, or post your build threads here.

This is NOT a help forum. Post your questions in the Help Forums further down

Old 03-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
daniel3507

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: truckin around
daniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Daniel3507 Build Thread

I guess i should finally start a build thread so here it goes. I dont think i have pics of everything but i will post what i find.
The old headlights were all fogged up so decided to replace them with new ones.

The old ones.

Decided to replace the bulbs while I was at it with Phillips Xtreme bulbs
New

Old

All lights in the back are LED other than reverse and turn signals

And now the good stuff, 4.10 gears

Took it from this ,

To this (You can see in this pic the 20% tint and the newer Ranger fender badges.)

Also painted the diff cover Ford Blue ( the spare tire and tire holder have been removed now)

Hardwired Valentine 1

LED dome lights

I painted the RANGER on the door seal to match the truck since i couldnt find a good way to make it light up. Im still not sure if I like it or not.

And custom front tow hooks

As we all know, the mods never stop. Soon to come are new Bilstein shocks and custom exhaust and god knows what else.
Show Off Thread
Build Thread (click)
1993 Ranger XLT 4.0, 20% tint, 2'' spacers, RS9000XL adjustable front shocks, Bilstein rear shocks, 4.10 gears, 31'' tires, 15'' Alcoa's, custom front shackles, Lvl II rear tow hook, 2.25'' exhaust w/ Super 44, Screamin' Demon coil pack, slotted rotors w/ EBC Greenstuff, Delta Cam rockers and pushrods

2013 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost, leveling kit, 33" Toyo AT2, Firestone Ride Rite airbags, AFE Stage 2 Intake

Last edited by daniel3507; 06-19-2011 at 03:42 PM.
daniel3507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 03-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
Ranger Sport Honduras
Zoom Zoom

Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Mitsubishi/Ford
Vehicle Model: Montero Sport/Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Hauling ass, work, toy
My credo: Fortune Favors the Brave
Ranger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ranger Sport Honduras

nice u made a build thread man
that truck is looking really good, nice work
Ranger Militia
Cardomain(All the trucks)
Ranger Sport Honduras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
daniel3507

daniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant future

Yeah i figured it was probably time to make a build thread. Not the biggest or the nicest truck but it gets the job done for me
Show Off Thread
Build Thread (click)
1993 Ranger XLT 4.0, 20% tint, 2'' spacers, RS9000XL adjustable front shocks, Bilstein rear shocks, 4.10 gears, 31'' tires, 15'' Alcoa's, custom front shackles, Lvl II rear tow hook, 2.25'' exhaust w/ Super 44, Screamin' Demon coil pack, slotted rotors w/ EBC Greenstuff, Delta Cam rockers and pushrods

2013 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost, leveling kit, 33" Toyo AT2, Firestone Ride Rite airbags, AFE Stage 2 Intake
Old 03-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
mp3deviant721

Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: DD and mall crawlinz
mp3deviant721 is just really nicemp3deviant721 is just really nicemp3deviant721 is just really nicemp3deviant721 is just really nice

I think I will build my truck like yours. I was wondering tho, did you use the Daystar kit? Thats the exact one I'm looking at. Did you also get longer shocks as well? I need new shocks in the front so might as well. Have you also thought about doing a 1 in body lift as well? It will look awesome on your truck. And did you have to change out the speedo worm gear as well with your gears and tires or did you keep that the same? And also do the tires ever rub at all? I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I need the info to get working on my truck as the front suspension components are wearing out fast.

See my build thread

Last edited by mp3deviant721; 03-11-2010 at 05:22 PM.
mp3deviant721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
daniel3507

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3deviant721 View Post
I think I will build my truck like yours. I was wondering tho, did you use the Daystar kit? Thats the exact one I'm looking at. Did you also get longer shocks as well? I need new shocks in the front so might as well. Have you also thought about doing a 1 in body lift as well? It will look awesome on your truck. And did you have to change out the speedo worm gear as well with your gears and tires or did you keep that the same? And also do the tires ever rub at all? I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I need the info to get working on my truck as the front suspension components are wearing out fast.
Yeah i have the Daystar kit on right now. The shocks are just the stock shocks but they are getting replaced with Bilstein shocks soon but they are just going to be the stock length. Ive thought about the body lift but i dont think i will get one. Im not really a fan of body lifts and I kinda liked the stuffed tire look. I havent changed out the speedo gear yet. Its off by about 5mph so when it reads 50 im really doing 45. The tires only rub when at full lock. I havent really had any problems with it though.
Show Off Thread
Build Thread (click)

Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
Ranger Sport Honduras
Zoom Zoom

Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Mitsubishi/Ford
Vehicle Model: Montero Sport/Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Hauling ass, work, toy
My credo: Fortune Favors the Brave
Ranger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ranger Sport Honduras

looks really nice man!
i think that as long u like it, it doesnt matter if some people dont lol
i really like the painted door RANGER cover, looks really nice
Ranger Militia
Cardomain(All the trucks)
Ranger Sport Honduras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
mc_muench

Vehicle Model: not a ranger :(
I use this vehicle for: late night cruisin'
mc_muench is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to mc_muench

nawz truck man... I like those alocas
mc_muench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
organic

Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: dedicated firewood hauler
organic will become famous soon enough

+1 Alcoas, gotta be the best rims ever produced for an RBV.
organic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
mc_muench

Vehicle Model: not a ranger :(
I use this vehicle for: late night cruisin'
mc_muench is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to mc_muench

hmmm...

I wonder how they would look as a street rim with some wide radials
mc_muench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
daniel3507

Thanks guys. The Alcoa rims were the one thing that i was not going to settle on. It took a little to find a set for sale but it was well worth it.
Show Off Thread
Build Thread (click)