• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Double R...

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Next weekend?!:icon_surprised: wow. Wanna do my sas? Lol seems like you could have it done in no time. Good job

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
how did you manage to wear down a new style mtr that much that fast?? lol

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got my driveshafts today. Grand Cherokee front to replace my front. And found a 2nd gen Explorer 4.0 4x4 shaft for the rear.

Ranger shaft next to the Jeep shaft. Jeep shaft is a little thinner but it came from a V8 so should be fine in the truck.

Also got the BII wired up the Fuel pump works like a charm. And both shafts fit. Got them installed.

Last edited:

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Next weekend?!:icon_surprised: wow. Wanna do my sas? Lol seems like you could have it done in no time. Good job
LOL bring it over we can knock it out. :D
how did you manage to wear down a new style mtr that much that fast?? lol
That tire is 2 years old and has 30k miles. It was on my wife's TJ for 10k miles. Then on the Merc for another 20k. Other then were it cupped on the edge the tire is still not to the wear bar. LOL

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i dont recall seeing it, but what t-case are you running? mine is the front slip yoke 1350, i'm thinking i'm gonna need to find a fixed front 1350 or a 1354

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i dont recall seeing it, but what t-case are you running? mine is the front slip yoke 1350, i'm thinking i'm gonna need to find a fixed front 1350 or a 1354
Stock elec shift 1354. I think 90 or 91 all trucks came with the 1354. I moved the axle forward some that is why I need a new shaft. Otherwise if you keep the axle centered you can probably use your stock shaft.

RoodeMotorsports

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
How much did the flatbed cost you overall? I have an 84 ranger 4x4 auto with the 2.8 and I use it for my DD but I still wanna have some fun with it... and that flatbed just looks awesome.

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How much did the flatbed cost you overall? I have an 84 ranger 4x4 auto with the 2.8 and I use it for my DD but I still wanna have some fun with it... and that flatbed just looks awesome.
Thanks man took my bumper design on the Merc and used it to inspire my flatbed design. Right now with the lights and steel only at $180 bucks. But I still need some C channel and wood to finish it off. Probably be about $300 total. I sold the stock bed for $250. So I will only have about $50 bucks in the new bed. LOL :icon_thumby:

RoodeMotorsports

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
That's not a bad deal at all.... Cheaper than a new bed up here in Maine.. if you can find one with no rust. I bought this truck about a month ago and it seems all solid except the bed which was backed into :/ So now it's 99.9% bondo and 100% shitty looking... plus the idiot bondo's terrible and it's rusted through LOL. I may find an idion to buy it but I'll just do a flatbed :p :icon_welder:

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I found a transmission today but got a call from a buddy and had to rescue his Jeep hour outside of town. So that ate up all my free time to pull the transmission. Maybe Thurs I can got back and get it. My lockers showed today. So just about ready to rock.

Ford saving a Jeep doesn't get much better unless it is a Chevy...

Detroit No Slip rear and Detroit Truetrac front!

And one more treat to show the difference between the 8.8 left, D44 middle, and D30 right. As you can see the 44 isn't much bigger then the 30 when it comes to gear contact and pinion shaft size. The 8.8 is beast next to the 44.

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got the fuel lines hooked up last night. Picking up the rest of the steel for the flatbed and exo today.

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I got the truck running with the new tank this morning. I hooked it up just like the Ranger was hooked up only it wouldn't start. So I thought maybe the BII is plumbed backwards of the Ranger. So I went to pull Ranger return line off the tank and got a face full of gas. LOL Yeah they are backwards. Once I reversed them truck fired up and purred like a kitten. I will take pic later and to show which side is pressure and which is return.

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got the meats mounted up and almost done with the wood part of the flatbed.

Have to take out the end boards and rip them down. Got all measurements just ran out of time.

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
looking good so far man, keep it up...

You're putting a lot of trust in that hi-lift...
Thanks man! Yeah I was concerned when I saw how he had jacked up when I rolled up. That is why I made him work on his own Jeep. I finally had to get in there and get it fixed but I put another jack under the axle before I would get under the Jeep. LOL

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals