• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PlumCrazy's Build

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
At least the lighting and outlets are cheap (relatively). Compressor not so much. From what I've seen, chimney pipes and liners get expensive too. Are you putting in 30A or 50A circuits for the welder and compressor? How big of a compressor are you looking for?

If you won the lottery you'd be bored lol.

Just use the Ranger for the winter beater. It's not like getting in an accident would dent it... :icon_rofl:

The new garage looks good. The Ranger just fits...

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
The tip of the stack rubs the door seal rolling in with less than 5 psi in the tires.lol

Im probably putting the welder and air comp on separate 30A breakers. There is already on 30A and an outlet next to the box. I am looking at a 10.8 CFM @ 140 PSI 80 gal remanned compressor. I believe its an Ingersoll. They are just dunked in flat black after they are reman them.lol We bought a 28 CFM 100gal and a 16 CFM 80gal from them a couple years back for the shop and the garage at the farm.

Dad wants me to pickup two of these 10.8 guys one for myself and one for the barn (our old milking parlor now being converted into a machine shop)

should be big enough for me. I just need to run my impact and an air grinder. We needed the big bastard at the farm for the blast cabinet and tire changer.

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I thought it looked close.

Those are some nice size compressors. I couldn't image how hand a 28scfm compressor would be! I have a 33 gallon that does 5.1 SCFM @ 90psi. I works perfectly for my impact, die grinder, and paint guns. I wanted a bigger one, but I couldn't pass up the deal on this one. I just wish it wasn't oil-less. I'll upgrade somewhere down the line and give this one to my dad. It's nice that you have several big compressors available if you ever need them.

I was just looking into adding a 220V to my garage. I've had my eyes on a Hobart Handler 190 for quite some time. I think I will pull the trigger on one after the wedding next June. Anyway, I was pricing out a 30A and just spend the extra for a 50A circuit. You need #6 wire for a 50A and #10 wire for a 30A (#8 for longer distances, less voltage drop). For the small difference in copper, I think I am just going to add the 50A in the event I ever need it. I think the breakers were about even price wise. It was going to be about $125 for me to add the outlet w/ 35ft of wire.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
My 220 stuff is less than 24" from the box. I just have a 220v Lincoln 160 for my place. The Miller 210 is at the farm when I need it. (My truck was built with my 160...nothing it wasn't able to handle anyway)

I really need a cherry picker and a press too.lol. I'm probably just going to build a press that uses a 20 ton bottle jack.

Sent from XT907 using Crapatalk

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
That's not a idea for the press. I've found a few cases where that would come in handy. I always look at them at Harbor Freight. Not a priority yet though.

That's nice that the 220V is right near the box. I could put mine there, but I want to put my outlet between my garage doors so I have easy access to it in the garage and out in the driveway.

The list goes on and on. I got some free wood coming my way, so I am going to start with a new work bench and a vise. Not having a vise or a place to bolt it too drives me nuts.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Pressed the ball joints into the passenger knuckle, pounded in the spindle studs, and snugged up the high steer arm. once I figure out what size I am drilling the holes to I will pull the arms off and powder coat them....I could just paint them...but hey, hose fancu orange knuckles are powder coated....so why not.lol

Scored some half bald 37s for rollers/ temporary street shoes. They are old style MTRs on 15" Ford pattern rims. I couldn't pas up a set of $100 tires.

My new chromos showed up. I will probably just sell them as is with the EB axle when its out. I am not buying and assembling u joints just to put into an axle I am selling.lol

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
They are my warranty replacements.:icon_twisted: Should be the last time I have to go through that process again...

I figure brand spanking new chromos make the axle worth my asking price...you basically get a complete axle for less than 100 bucks.

Last edited:

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I forgot about the warranty. If you're selling the complete 44 front axle for $100, I'll take it!!!!

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
600...and comes with the new shafts. All you will need is ball joints, u joints, and calipers. (I may have a pair)

Sent from XT907 using Crapatalk

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
You put $100 in your previous message. I was thinking you wanted more than that lol

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Asking $600, the chromos new are $520 + shipping. By the transitive property..you get an axle for $80ish.lol

Orrr $300 gets you the same thing with the stock EB shafts.

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Lmao. That is a hell of deal, but I am good for now. I have plenty of other things I need more than a SAS lol. Once more stuff is paid off (education for example), the big work will continue. V8, SAS, etc...

The exception here is if I win the lottery :yahoo: If I hit the lottery, I'll give you $4k for that axle if you do the install :icon_cheers:

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Are those HP or LP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
4k and Ill sell you the HP44 I am building.lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals