• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Bobber64

1. Bobber64

A4LD swap

Well the transmission is in a 86 Ranger so if it’s a 2 wire couldn’t I just use a switch to lock up the converter with those 2 wires?
  2. Bobber64

A4LD swap

Looking to take the A4LD out of a 86 2.9 ranger and convert my 85 2.8 Mitsubishi 5 speed to an automatic. I converted the 2.8 to duraspark ignition and deleted all of the emission stuff to include the egr. Somewhere I read that the A4LD won’t shift without the EGR. Is this true?
  3. Bobber64

For Sale 1988 Bronco II whole/parts

Do you still have the interior and steering column for sale?
  4. Bobber64

Godzilla vs the Powerboost vs Ranger.

i Suppose you are right. I’ve caught some pretty massive fish before and every time I tell the story it gets bigger.
  5. Bobber64

That will do the job just fine.
  6. Bobber64

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Master cylinder, front calipers, pads and repacked the bearings. Rear brakes complete with wheel cylinders. All the parking brake cables. I deserve this glass of Bourbon.
  7. Bobber64

A F-250 shouldn’t be pulling a “massive” 5th wheel. I have a 18,000 lb 5th wheel and pull it with F350 4x4 8’ bed with the 7.3 with 4:30 gears. It’s enough for my truck.
  8. Bobber64

That is true. Instead of having to say 7.3 gas or Godzilla they could come up with something more clever.
  9. Bobber64

My 2020 F350 crew cab long box 4x4 lariat with the 7.3 (kinda dislike Godzilla) with 3:73 gears, got 17mpg going 65 mph going to the cabin, which is staight level ground for 180 miles. My new 2022, basically the same truck, with 4:30 gears gets 16mpg on the same route. I get 8mpg pulling my...
  10. Bobber64

My $3,500 Jaguar - The 'Mad Jag'

Yup I’m thinking air ride 4-link front and rear with at least 6” of lift.
  11. Bobber64

Duraspark conversion carb.

Ya I think I’ll just get one and put it in. Thanks
  12. Bobber64

Duraspark conversion carb.

I pulled the 2150 off my 302. Tore it apart, soaked and cleaned up. It has a 2 stage power valve and my kit came with a single stage. Is it worth buying and installing a 2 stage? Buy the way, the Duraspark conversion went well except a couple wire colors weren’t the same as in the instructions.
  13. Bobber64

Clutch switch

Well I can’t see a part number and I’m about crippled trying look, sorry. If you call greensupplycompany.com At 513-731-3304 8am-5pm EST. They should look the number up and tell you if they have one. They have a lot of old stock parts for Fords.
  14. Bobber64

Clutch switch

I’ll see if the number is on mine tomorrow morning and let you know.
  15. Bobber64

Clutch switch

If you look at the clutch pedal it is a white switch with a plunger About half way up the pedal.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad