• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Contrldsub

1. lean cyclinders

3 of my cyclinders are running lean, freshly rebuild motor and they were lean prior to the rebuild. all new gaskets, everything torqued to spec, only thing i can figure is something to do with the injectors? are there larger injectors i could go to?
  2. I dont know...

So. im not a brakes guy, i can replace them but trouble shooting i dont know sh*t. So here it is: My right rear wheel grabs occasionally. seems like after ive been driving the truck it gets worse. the pads are worn but not dead yet, i get alot of pulsing when its grabbing and practically none...
  3. timing help!

I can t get the timing on my 3.0 right. I don't have the tool that ford says is needed. Please help.
  4. 3.0 rebuild

Got an engine for free. and my tired 173k miles motor isnt pulling very well these days so this is what im doing the motor was sitting in a field wrapped in plastic. so i was optomistic. wrong. got it mounted up on the stand and pulled the heads. the intake ports all had rust in them and the...
  5. Lean

Like really lean. here is the sitEation. did a tune up in july. plugs, wires, coolant flush, oil, ran some fuel system cleaner and fuel filter, then ran Shell 89 for about 3 months. in Feb i put a cat back dynomax on it and a K&N intake and filter. the plugs that came out in july were fine no...
  6. its broken

On my way to work this morning i started hearing a loud metal on metal rattling. got under the truck and noticed the driverside center leaf was broken and had come out of place. im not ready to do a lift yet still putting all the parts together to get a SAS in first. could i buy a set of...
  7. Broken center leaf

On my way to work this morning i started hearing a loud metal on metal rattling. got under the truck and noticed the driverside center leaf was broken and had come out of place. im not ready to do a lift yet still putting all the parts together to get a SAS in first. could i buy a set of...
  8. got my tires.

finally got my new tires. general grabber AT2s. 31s with new black steelie rims. total was 920 mounted and all that garbage. had the stock 215s on it with the original steel rims that come on the bare bones extra cab ranger. there she is in all her glory(hole)
  9. pinging or ticking?

when i get the RPMs up like 3 -4000 like accelerating on up a hill or on the interstate it beggins to ticks heavy until i shift or let off the throttle. it dont last long but its pretty loud. the motor ticks a little all the time but it gets really bad under those conditions. so.... pinging or...
  10. ticking vs pinging?

when i get the RPMs up like 3 -4000 like accelerating on up a hill or on the interstate it beggins to ticks heavy until i shift or let off the throttle. it dont last long but its pretty loud. the motor ticks a little all the time but it gets really bad under those conditions. so.... pinging or...
  11. MPG,s? poor power?

Im getting about 17 to 18mpg's per tank on my 3.0. my gauge dont work so i just fill it up and do the math each time. thats not too bad really i guess considering im running winter tires and all that. dont know what im getting highway or city. so is that about normal for that motor/year? what...
  12. cant afford a lift kit

well i can but it would cost more than i paid for the truck it seems. is there a different route to go for a 3 or 4in lift on a 2000 extracab 4x4? 1500 just seems a little high. what would my shopping list look like to lift the front?
  13. Intake and Exhaust, tuning required?

So Custom intake with K&N filter and dynomax cat back system. do i need to have my EFI remapped? what would be the benefit of having it tuned? worth the money? im looking at putting some 31in tires on it currently. how much would this help me with moving the larger tires?
  14. New project in VT

Just picked up a 2000 Ranger extra cab. always been a yota guy. just got home from afghanistan and needed something to do. 3.0 motor. dont know much about the ranger at all so i thought i could have some fun learning about a new truck. joined because ive used forums in the past with my yota's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad