• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DangerRanger

1. DangerRanger

aftermarket axles for 8.8(28 spline)

Broke another axle:sad:, where's the best place to find an axle that's a little stronger than stock for a 8.8(28 spline)?
  2. DangerRanger

Dana35 gear set-up

I bought a basket case front end I am rebuilding with new gears and locker. I was wondering if anyone remembers shim thickness on pinion on their rebuilds for me to use as a starting point. (I don't have the old ones to measure):dunno:
  3. DangerRanger

Dana 35 Detroit locker

I have eliminated the C-clip in my front end (as explained in the tech section). My question is, can I use a locker from a jeep dana35? Seems I did this before, but can't remember that far back. Are bearings the same, etc?
  4. DangerRanger

1354 case with "shiftster" motor replacement device

I recently bought a manual knob from the "shiftser" to replace the motor on 1354 transfer case. I removed everything electrical from the case. I was unaware there was an electric coil/clutch for front output. If there is a fork to move this clutch, why does it need a coil?? what do I need to do...
  5. DangerRanger

manual adaptor for electric transfer case

:icon_confused:trying to find something I saw on here months ago, but having no luck. There is a fixture/tool that bolts directly in place of the electric motor on an electronic transfer case making it a completely manual operation to put it in 4 wheel drive. Have to crawl under truck and pull a...
  6. DangerRanger

Tire question....

I have a worn out set of Swamper SX's on my truck and need to buy new tires. I love the SX's, however I want something that will stay balanced and not shake stuff loose on my truck. Anybody have any experience with the swamper SSR's, or the TRXUS MT's? I want something that will not puncture...
  7. DangerRanger

Hi-Lift Jack appreciation day at RedBird

8/27/11 Hi-Lift Jack is sponsoring a customer appreciation event at RedBird(Indiana) http://gcdailyworld.com/story/1754653.html
  8. DangerRanger

Hi-Lift Jack appreciation day at RedBird

8/27/11 Hi-Lift Jack is sponsoring a customer appreciation event at RedBird(Indiana) http://gcdailyworld.com/story/1754653.html
  9. DangerRanger

7.5"/8.8"axles

In the tech library it mentions the 28 spline in an 8.8" is the same as the 7.5". (both 1990 Ranger rear ends, NOT Explorer) I broke both axles in my 8.8". I have another donor truck and was wondering if the axles out of it would fit. :icon_confused:
  10. DangerRanger

Oh No! Whats this???

What would be the 1'st thing to look for when the fluid in the transfer case comes out kinda grey and metallic?
  11. DangerRanger

hard steering while locked in

Is there a such thing as a high performance power steering pump for a ranger? My truck does not always want to turn since I put the 35"SX's on it while it is locked in. The steering wheel stops and the belt squeeks a little, but it's as if it don't have enough pressure/power to turn it or...
  12. DangerRanger

Ring gear bolts backing out

Has anyone else had any trouble with ring gear bolts backing out. I have a 7.5" with a lockright and 4.56 gears. I torqued the bolts and used loc-tite on them and they still back out! :pissedoff: This has happened twice now. any suggestions???
  13. DangerRanger

M50D 5'th/Rev upgrade kit

Just rebuilt a Mazda 5-speed and put the 5'th/rev update kit in it(30 teeth vs. 36 teeth). The kit came with new shifting fork, gears, and all. My question is, what is the proper way to adjust the position of the pivot on the 5'th/rev lever? I figure it's just an eyeball thing, but the trouble...
  14. DangerRanger

Inertia Switch Location....if any.

I've got a '90 Ranger that I've had since '96 and it's turned into a trail rig over the years. It has unfortunately been on it's side a couple times and on it's top once(Hey, it could happen to anybody) It has never triggered any kind of switch to shut if off. Actually I had to shut it off once...
  15. DangerRanger

Mazda tranny info needed

I've got a Mazda 5-spd in a '90 Ranger laying all over my workbench. I started out chasing a "rattly" noise it had while above 5-10mph. I got it fully disassembled but don't really see anything wrong. I'm planning on replacing bearings and put it back together....I guess. There are taper...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad