• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by dragonryder

1. Do I need a new heater core?

Alright I have a 96 ranger 2.3l thats got almost 200k miles on her. I've only had it about 6 months and it never seemed to defrost well. I just wrote it off to the fact that it doesn't have A/C so it takes longer. I can smell antifreeze in the cab but I know I have a coolant leak on the lower...
  2. Tie down cleats in a 96 super cab?

I bought a 96 supercab that already has a bed liner in it but it doesn't have any holes on the sides to get to the cleats. Can some one tell me if there are any and where they are so that I don't go making al sorts of holes in my liner to find them. Any pictures would be nice. :icon_confused:
  3. Cleaning the MAF without disassembling

I tried to take my MAF sensor aprt but they had this goop on one of the screws that would not come out of the hole. I went to my neighbor to use his dremmel (mines battery was dead) and he (Mercedes mechanic) warned me I shouldn't screw around with those wires. He said that if I insist on...
  4. Reusing IAC gasket?

What are the dangers of reusing the gasket for the IAC? I want to take the IAC off to clean it and see if thats why the idle keeps popping up but none of the auto parts stores around me have one. They would have to order and they said it would take 3 to 7 days.
  5. Check engine light not coming on

My 96 2.3l does not seem to have a check engine light. The lights on the dash when I turn the key on are for the air bag, seat belt, battery and when I crank the engine over to start it the brake light comes on (even though my e-brake is set, the light only comes on when I crank the engine)...
  6. Cam bearing squeeking

Anyone on here ever replace a cam bearing?
  7. 96 2.3 liter replacement

If I wanted to get a new engine for my 96 2.3l 2wd 5 speed, what years would be compatable? Or would it be as easy to upgrade to a 3.0?
  8. Air muffler removal

Can anyone tell me what size pipe to replace the air muffler with on my 96 2.3liter? Saw one guy on here use 3" exhaust pipe but said it was a touch to big. Also read that you can use pvc pipe, I have some laying around but was wondering if 3" would be too big?:icon_confused:
  9. Squeeky pully on 96 2.3 w/o ac

I'm picking up a 96 ranger with 191000 miles on the 2.3 4 banger. There is a squeeky pulley (almost sounds like a bird chirping). It is hard to locate do to the fan and all but the seller says that he used wd-40 on the pulley located to the left and down from the power steering pump and it...
  10. 1996 Ranger 2wd front springs need replaced

I'm buying a 2wd 1996 Ranger ext cab with the 2.3 and a five speed. The seller had the rear suspension all redone but the front coils are weak enough that the front tires are actually toe out. How hard is it to change these springs and should I look for new ones or junkyard parts? Truck has...
  11. New from SW PA

Hello, I have been on here the past couple of days doing some research into used Rangers that I have been looking at buying. Now that it loks like I'm picking on one guess I'll be on here for more advice and tips so I guess I should iintroduce myself. Names Michael and I seem to get myself in...
  12. Deciding on which Ranger, need help

I am looking for a used little truck to deliver pizza's with and run to work in. I seem to be running into alot of rangers for sale. I have a friend who is a ranger guru but can be undependable when it comes to help so I thought I would check here. Right now I am looking at 2 Rangers: 1.) is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad