• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JuJu1289

1. JuJu1289

302 Fuel Delivery Problems

Hey guys, Ive been "done" with my 302 swap in my 87 ranger for about 3 months now and have run into my first problem. At the moment, my in-line fuel pressure gauge is reading the normal 6 psi but the sight glass/filter is not filling all the way full with fuel. Its almost like I have fuel...
  2. JuJu1289

87 302 Problems

Hey guys, ive been working out all the little kinks in my 302 swap for awhile now and seem to be stuck on this one. 2 Problems: 1) I have a ZF behind it and when ever I shift into 3 and it is at a real low rpm i get a bad hiccup and studder. Im thinking this could be a timing or carb problem...
  3. JuJu1289

Fuel Pressue 0 while Driving

Hey guys, Ive had my 302 running for awhile now but just got it road ready with the SAS swap. Currently im running a Holley 600 4160 4 barrel and a Mr. Gasket 12s with regulator. During road testing itl run fine for about 4 or 5 minutes, then all of a sudden it will not have enough power to...
  4. JuJu1289

Custom Made Drag Link

So im on the last leg of my SAS on my 87 ranger. This D44 is off a 79 f100 I found in the junkyard and im in a bind on what to do with the drag link. The TRE off the d44 is too big for the ranger pitman arm and ive read its pretty common to ream it out to fit. I was wondering wouldnt it just be...
  5. JuJu1289

Clutch Line Release Sleeve Missing

Hey guys, Im currently at the end of my 302 sas ranger and am at my last problem. I have a zf 5 speed behind my 302 and I cant get the slave to hold fluid. I read up that certain clutch lines have o rings that arent big enough for the slave. So I went to take the clutch line off to put a bigger...
  6. JuJu1289

302 Binding on Start

Hey guys, Ive been working on my 302 for awhile now and haven't had much time to work on it because of classes. But today I went to start it up and it seems like there is some sort of binding while it is turning. At first i thought it was the starter because it popped when i first started...
  7. JuJu1289

87 Ranger Front Drive Accessories

Hey guys, im in the middle of swapping a 302 out of a 88 town car into my 87 ranger. Im also in the middle of a SAS so i got the truck in pieces. I bought the motor off a guy that was in th middle of rebuilding it but ran out of money. I got it for a really good price but the only bad thing is I...
  8. JuJu1289

SAS Ride Height

Hey guys, im getting ready to order the parts I need to finish my SAS and I want to order parts just once. When I had my 2wd on I had 18" long coils (4" lift) and 33" tires, and with my sas i want to be able to fit 35" tires. So for coil springs would some 20" EB coils like these...
  9. JuJu1289

Fullwidth to E.B. width...

I was just thinkin if you move your perches and radius arms to center the axle up then the differential wouldnt line up properly with the transfer case. Maybe im just looking at it totally wrong.
  10. JuJu1289

I get that but if you take 6" off the passenger side wouldnt the wheel on the driver side stick out further than than the passenger side?
  11. JuJu1289

Im getting ready to narrow a axle too and I was just wondering wouldnt you have to cut equal lengths off each side of the axle?
  12. JuJu1289

Dana44 5 vs 8 lug

I was just wondering how much of a hassle 3/4 ton axles are cuz i could find some nice 8 lug wheels like nothing but as for 5on5.5 I cant find any used on craigslist in my area. Im on a budget if you cant tell
  13. JuJu1289

Dana44 5 vs 8 lug

Hey guys, ive acquired the money for my 2wd to sas swap now im just deciding on an axle. Im goin to a local pull-a-part next saturday and they have tons of f150s and 250 that im gonna pull the entire driveline from. 8 lug wheels are so easy to find for trucks compared to the 5 on 5.5. I really...
  14. JuJu1289

Leaf or Coil SAS

The long debate of leaf vs coil sas has come into my hands now. I have a 87 2WD that im going to be sas'in in about 3 weeks. This truck is mostly a farm truck but is also my dd and some mild off road. I can weld and fabricate so either should be very possible. I am shooting for simple and...
  15. JuJu1289

Dragster Exhaust

I was wondering around how much a dragster style exhaust for my truck is gonna run. I want 3" pipes and what them to shine. I guess chrome plated or stainless steel pipes would be the best. Opinions...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad