• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by SCREWd2V

1. SCREWd2V

90 ranger v8 swap - 96 explorer donor

My 4.0 4x4 ranger has a cracked head - looking to do a 302 swap, I have done a bunch of research but haven't found much info on OBD1 to OBD2 conversions. I found a 96 v8 explorer as a donor vehicle, would the wiring harness plug up to my ranger without heavy modification? Also I know my...
  2. SCREWd2V

90 4.0 Ranger blew vacuum line

Hey guys was wondering if someone could help me, just started my Ranger and pow! Blew a vacuum hose that connects on the manifold, however I can't find the line that blew off :/ so besides having a huge vacuum leak was wondering if someone could help me find if there is a hose that was connected...
  3. SCREWd2V

87 Bronco II fan shroud fit 90 ranger?

hey guys does anyone know if a 1 gen 87 bronco fan shroud be the same as a 2nd 90 ranger? also would it matter what engine size? i have a 4.0 not sure what size the bronco engine is. thanks P
  4. SCREWd2V

Vibration hum @ 2k-2.3k RMP

1990 Ext cab STX 4x4 auto real quick, love this truck, but its got some issues! i want to get this beast back up to par! almost a year ago i got in a wreck, and since then i've been picking up the pieces. I have refered to the tech library and also searched the forums for the problems i am...
  5. SCREWd2V

steering/braking/swaybar?? help.

while under acceleration, the truck seems to go straight. when coasting, the truck will begin to veer to the right. when i brake, the truck will pull to the left. it's very annoying. the truck sat for years. help guys. this is getting alittle expenisive, and i am failing misserably at the...
  6. SCREWd2V

a/c worked untill it took a full can...

1990 4.0 L ranger. I tried using the search but am having difficulty because of my situation. my a/c worked, but i begin to notice that the compressor would ingage and disingauge with a loud pop! or a clang every 10 - 15 sec (or maybe longer). so i thought i would take it in cause i figured it...
  7. SCREWd2V

90 4x4 ranger door problem

I've been having this problem with both doors on my Ranger ever since I bought him. The doors don't hang or nothing, they are nice and tight, but the doors rattle and almost seem not to stay closed propperly. Thry rattle and bang when hitting bumps. Does anyone else have this problem? I think...
  8. SCREWd2V

Repair Manuals - Which 1 is better?

Haynes or Chilton? thanks TRS! :D
  9. SCREWd2V

sig photo problems

i'm new to this site, but not new to the forum world. i concider myself somewhat knowelagable about forums, computers, interenet, etc.. but i can't upload my photos to my sig!!! ARG!! I copy the image link and it comes up like this. WTF?@!
  10. SCREWd2V

2nd Gen Ranger - power steering pump -wtf!

hey guys. got a 1990 4.0 4x4 ranger. when i bought it last month, the previous owner suggested that i plan on changing out the power steering, as with the belt, along with other things... so i went and bought a referb power steering pump from our good friend oreilly's auto parts. besides the...
  11. SCREWd2V

fuel gauge lied to me.

recently bought a 1990 4x4 Stx 4.0 original owner told me don't trust the gas gauge, b/c when you fill it up it goes waaaaaaayy past "full" i wanted to actually see where is the "danger zone" for Empty, so i figured i would drive till maybe an indictor for low fuel, or maybe on a hard turn...
  12. SCREWd2V

newbie here. need some info

hey guys! as some of ya'll may know i did pick up the 1990 Ranger STX 4x4 4.0 this weekend! :headbang: the tires were dry rotted, so i drove it to a local town to replace with some cheapo used tires b/c i didn't really have the money for new, and i might be upgrading the tires to a larger size...
  13. SCREWd2V

Mustang owner, picking up 4x4 Ranger for a DD in a week!

Hey Guys! found this forum on a different website, and it looks like a good comunity, so i joined! I currently have a 2000 Mustang GT 5 speed it's got all the bolt ons, lowered, CF cowl hood, Blower Cams, 3.73's, short throw shifter, full exhaust, and my favorite, a 2.1 Kenne bell Supercharger...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad