• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tonyjklh

1. horrible oil pressure

i have just rebuild my 4.0 about a month ago. had the block and heads professionally done, bored .20 over on cylinders. std size for all bearings. everything except the crank and rods were replaced. inspected the crank and it was perfectly in spec as well as absolutely no sign of wear. now the...
  2. no reverse, sometimes 3rd

ive got a rebuild a4ld the wont go in to reverse at all, sometimes the driveline will move a little like its partially engaging, there is no engine braking in manual/1st. and third gear has goes in way late or sometimes not at all, and if you move the selector to D instead out of OD third gear...
  3. pcm diagrams

i am putting a 94 explorer engine into my 90 ranger, my ranger already has a 4.0 in it but its almost dead now. what i need is to see the differances in the pcm pin-out so i can add the wires into my existing harness for the egr and second oxygen sensor. if anyone has the diagrams that would be...
  4. explorer FEAD part #'s

does anyone have all the part numbers for the explorer FEAD parts? is there a cheap place online to buy them( i've already looked on ebay)?. i've decided to put them on for my swap, but there's not been a v8 explorer in the junk yards around here for at least a year and i dont think there will...
  5. smog pump/emissions

so i would like to remove the smog pump only because the metal pipe looks like its gonna be in the way of my a/c box. i would keep it if i could but it doesnt look like it. my question is how much worse is the emisisons output without it? i asked about the requrements where i live and i only...
  6. IN-dash a/c

ok so i am going to be doing a v8 swap soon, and i would like to find a way to put the evaporator inside the dash, has anyone done this before? i know there is a 1000 dollar kit for it but i dont want to spend that much money. this wont be hard work for me as im good with...
  7. exhaust manifold

on a 302 swap will a 1977 or a 1975 manifold fit corectly. i was looking in the tech library and the driver side manifold doesnt look the same as the one i found. the one i found has a downward flange on it but the pictured one doesnt?
  8. 1989 lincoln mark vII 302 in a 1990 ranger

i just want to know if this would happen to be a setup that i can leave my radiator in the same spot with a mechanical fan instead of electric. ive got a 1990 ranger with a 4.0 and want to put in a 89 mark vII engine in. any other big problems i might run in to?
  9. weak 4.0 engine

ok so im trying to figure if this is my engine or if it's my tires. ive got a 90 ex cab ranger 4" lift with 31 tires and 3.73 gears. my truck has sat for 6 months with a bad trans, so i finally rebuilt my trans and at the same time did my lift/tires, so after that long i really dont remember how...
  10. front brake hose, 4" lift

well i just finished putting my lift on, i thought i had the extednded lines for the front but i dont. i have heard that f350 brake lines are exactally the same? just longer than the ranger lines. is this true? can i just pick up the f350 hose and swap it in without any modifications?
  11. rear extednded brake line?

well im gonna install my 4" lift kit next week, i have extended front brake lines but no rear line, do i need them for the rear, and is there a cheap alternitive i could just grab at a wrecking yard?
  12. 4" lift questions

well i picked up a used lift for $100. im putting it on my 90 ranger 4.0(after i fix the tranny). i was thinking of some 32" tires, would love 33" but dont know if they will fit. i have 3.73 gears with LS, i cant afford to take it to get new gears, is those gears gonna be fine? otherwise how...
  13. a4ld rebuildable or not?

its a 1990 ranger 4.0. the transmision is out of a 93 explorer. so anyways the fluid is FULL of metal shavings and litterally looks like shinny red glitter!. the transmison still somewhat worked when i parked the truck, it will go into gear(its slow, and have to rev up the engine to get it to...
  14. running strange

ok lets see if i can explain this clearly or not. sometimes the truck runs great and strong but then there are times where i just barely push the gas peddle and it studders like crazy! even times where it will just keep studering for 30 seconds before it finally starts going again. also dies...
  15. coil spring spacing

while i save for a full lift kit i am planning on putting some 2" stacked washers under the coils for the front and some blocks in back. but i would like to know what degree alignment bushing will i need? also what size washer should i use(ID=?,OD=?)?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad