• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gearheadjlm

I need help diagnosing a major problem.

I need help diagnosing a major problem, 4.0 SOHC About two weeks ago I bought a 2003 Explorer with a 4.0L SOHC. I recently planned on doing my usual thing of fresh fluids, filters, plugs, and anything else it needed. So, after finally getting a couple days off, I decide to replace the valve...
  2. gearheadjlm

Running Rough after replacing head gaskets?????

1994 Ext Cab 4.0L OHV 5speed 208k The truck ran great, smooth, no tapping/knocking....but after having a problem of running a little of the hot side at highway speeds, I determined a head gasket was bad and i was blowing exhaust into my coolant. So, I tore everything down took the heads in and...
  3. gearheadjlm

Running Rough after replacing head gaskets?????

1994 Ext Cab 4.0L OHV 5speed 208k The truck ran great, smooth, no tapping/knocking....but after having a problem of running a little of the hot side at highway speeds, I determined a head gasket was bad and i was blowing exhaust into my coolant. So, I tore everything down took the heads in...
  4. gearheadjlm

I messed something up....

Glowing catalytic converter after re-worked heads??? 1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab 4.0L OHV 5 speed. 208k miles. I had a bad head gasket, but the truck still ran great, at highway speeds I'd blow exhaust into my coolant, but other than that it ran great. So after getting around to replacing...
  5. gearheadjlm

What RBV exhaust parts will interchange?

I just bought my new project vehicle. 1994 Extended Cab 4.0L 4x4 with 5 Speed I recently discovered that the previous owner decided to cut the catalytic converters off, in the process hacking apart the y-pipe. So, I want/need to completely redo my exhaust. I don't want this to cost am arm...
  6. gearheadjlm

My 5.0L '91

Well, Here's the introduction pictures: Here's the info: I bought it like it was in the pictures. I have been planing a build for years, then found this for a steal of $1500 with a slipping trans, and a missing cylinder, but drivable, even has cruse control. Other then that, it starts...
  7. gearheadjlm

True Odometer reading....

Truck: 2004 Super Cab, Step side, 4.0L SOHC, 4x4, 5 speed So I was wondering about the mileage of my truck. It has 130,000, according to the odometer. Well the truck has Factory 4.10 gears. The speedometer is exactly 5mph faster then actual speed. At actual 60mph (speedo saying 65) I am...
  8. gearheadjlm

If it's not the IAC or TPS...what could it be?

Vehicle: 2004 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0L SOHC Ext Cab Step side 5 speed w/129k What's done to it: Flowmaster Catback, K&N Air Filter No Check Engine Light (CEL) Here's the issue: Say I am cruising or just trying to shift and the RPM is at about 1800-2200, When I push in the clutch (and let off the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad