• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Angry Possum

Can The Windshield Wiper Cowl be removed on a 1993 Ford Ranger

I have a water leak in the front passenger area of my 93 Ranger. In what I have researched it's most likely in the windshield wiper cowl. Can that be removed or is it welded to the body?
  2. Angry Possum

I have a decent amount of water under my front passenger mat. 93 Ranger.

Went to car wash today, and it's been raining. I'm not sure how I'm getting water under front passenger mat. It's not coming from the heater core, and my floor boards aren't rotten. Where do you think it could be coming in? I'm up for any ideas.
  3. Angry Possum

I'm looking to put an inverter in my Ranger bed.

Hey guys, I want to put an inverter in my 93 Ranger bed so I can use it for plugging in tools, heater etc.. Has anyone here done this yet, if so can you tell me a detailed way you have done it, with respect to drilling holes to run the wiring etc. Thanks 👍. Detailed directions would be appreciated.
  4. Angry Possum

Low Oil Pressure 1993 Ranger 4.0 140k miles

My oil pressure is running on the lower side of the needle gauge, its a little above the 1/4 mark on the gauge. I had changed the oil about 1k miles ago, I used 10w-40. My engine has about 142k miles. Is this normal to run a little lower on the oil pressure? Anything to be alarmed by it. I live...
  5. Angry Possum

My 31s are rubbing in the front when turning hard.

I think I found the rubbing on my newly installed 31s. I'm almost certain its the stock mud flaps in the front. If I remove the inner stock mudflap in the front wheel wells, will there be any openings for shit to get in once removed. If so I'll deal with the slight rubbing when turning hard...
  6. Angry Possum

Random Starting Issues This Passed Month 4.0l OHV

Hey guys, lately I have been having rare starting issues where the truck won't start right away or is taking a longer time to start. This has happened about 3 or 4 times in the passed month only. I'm not sure where to begin that's why I'm posting this. I had a full tune up about 2 years ago...
  7. Angry Possum

Identifying CA Emissions or Fed Emissions on a 93 Ford Ranger.

Can anyone tell what emissions one has from looking at the Vin # on the vehicle, and or are there other ways of telling also. Such as a door jamb sticker. If that's so, what numbers would I be looking at on the door jam.
  8. Angry Possum

Which 4.0 engine is preferred, the OHV or the SOHC?

On reading some posts on the two 4.0L engines the OHV or the SOHC, which one is the most preferred, reliable, etc by the forum.
  9. Angry Possum

PCU ECM ECU Replacement/Removal Question on a 93 Ranger 4.0 4x4 Auto Transmission.

Hi all, Is it easy to remove the ECM module on a 93 Ranger 4.0 4x4 Automatic. If so, what's the best way?. I want to be proactive and order the caps just in case or a rebuilt one altogether. Further, I'm not sure the caps were replaced since 1993, as I'm the 3rd owner. It could have been, but...
  10. Angry Possum

This fell out when my Auto 4x4 hub was removed doing tire change..

When I had my tires changed yesterday, this unknown piece came out when the auto hub was removed. Any idea what it is and can you tell me the part name or send link. It looks like a gasket or seal..
  11. Angry Possum

Going for some Stryped Bass this Wednesday here in The East Coast

Well, It's Stryper season, going out on a Charter boat in Belmar NJ with my son this coming Wednesday morning, the boat is called The Golden Eagle. We have a real blast, as we're good friends with The Captain and the crazy mates onboard.... We always have luck on that charter. $80 for 7 hours...
  12. Angry Possum

So I Ordered 4 Tires from Walmart Online. But there all being delivered separately on different dates 😠

You really can't make this shit up. I ordered 4 tires online from Walmart this passed Friday. So,,, One came today, one may come Tonite and the other 2 are coming on Wednesday. Are they F... G kidding me. All from FedEx, so What's up with the Logistics here. Scratching my head...
  13. Angry Possum

Can anyone identify this part? Looks like a Vacuum Container. This small hose broke off.

Sorry to bother you guys, but this hose broke off the part on my Ranger. 4.0l 1993 XLT SC. Looks like a canister of some sort. I need to know if it's repairable or do I have to replace it. The end won't plug in. I did feel a slight vacuum in the end of the rubber hose I'm holding.
  14. Angry Possum

Bearing noise coming from Alternator/Tensioner area. Used Penetrating Oil and it's gone.

A few days ago I had noticed a possibly spun bearing noise eminating from the alternator area in the Ranger. I'm not sure what's directly underneath the alternator, however I used penetrating oil on both areas, and the noise is gone. Does anyone know what is directly underneath the alternator...
  15. Angry Possum

Can I put a Remote Start in my 1993 Ranger XLT 4x4 SC

Hey guys, I was wondering if I can put put a remote start in my Ranger now that the winter is on its way? My Ranger never came with a FOB for the door locks, so I'm not so sure even if this is possible. It has power door locks, so I'm curious. Thanks 93 Ranger XLT 4x4 SC. 4.0l engine.
  16. Angry Possum

Does a higher output alternator give better fuel economy?

Oddly today, a good friend of mine is getting better gas mileage on his 2012 Ford Fusion 3.5 Liter engine since he replaced only the Alternator with a high output Alternator. His alternator was originally week for a month or so and he was getting real bad fuel economy, till he changed it today...
  17. Angry Possum

Wheel Alignment Question 93 Ranger 4x4 XLT SC

Hey all, I just had a wheel alignment done on my 93 Ranger 4x4, because the front tires were wearing on both sides,, inners only. The mechanic aligned/adjusted only one side of the front end (drivers side) as I watched him perform the whole alignment. When I asked him why only one side he said...
  18. Angry Possum

2003 Ranger 2.3L Question Regarding a Coolant Leak Under The Plenum Area and Identifying the part that's leaking.

A good friend of mine has a 2003 2.3L Ranger XL. She's getting a coolant leak underneath the top Plenum area, so she states, it's some sort of valve with a nipple coming off of it. Would anyone know what part that may be, is it the (Hot Water Bypass Valve) and or does she even have one on this...
  19. Angry Possum

Bad Brake Fluid Leak. I have a bad Rotor. Could rotor cause bad leak?

I have a bad rotor that needs to be changed because it's wiped out, now I sprung a very bad leak by the tire under the master cylinder area. Currently I can't see where it's coming from. Could it be a coincidence, or is the bad rotor causing the leak.
  20. Angry Possum

Need to order Front Inner and Outer Wheel Bearings and Grease Seal Question

Hi does anyone know the part #s I need for my 1993 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT SC 4.0L with the Auto Hubs. I need a grease seal and the inner and outer bearings. I just need one set for the front left side. I'll be replacing my front rotor on one side only. So I'll need the part numbers for 2 Bearings...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad