• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 99 Explorer transmission diagnosis?

I'm looking at a 99 Explorer and the seller said that it does have an issue with the transmission. She said: Does anyone know what she's talking about? How bad of a fix could it be? Explorer has around 245,000 km. Price is decent ($1500) and just wondering if it's worth it with the tranny issue.
  2. 98 Explorer: 4x4 question.

I was out test driving a 98 explorer today and although the vehicle looked good and ran well, I got some issues with the auto 4x4 in this model. When we backed up and turned while taking a test drive, it seemed to lurch like it was going in and out of 4WD while on "auto". Owner claims it's...
  3. S-s-s-s-s-s-shaking like c-c-c-c-c-c-crazy!

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that my truck has started to really shake once I get the truck over 80km/h, and it starts to do it really bad almost exactly at 80. I've taken it up to 110 to see how far it goes and it still does it at that speed. I thought it might be the tranny but...
  4. Fan Clutch

I've never had a vehicle that's had a fan clutch before, so how do you tell when it's shot? I've noticed the vehicle running a little warmer than normal lately and I'm suspecting the fan clutch. Whether the vehicle is cold or hot, the clutch feels the same resistance (mind you, I'm not 100% sure...
  5. No fuel filter???

Okay, I'm lost... I tried changing the fuel filter on my '86 a little while ago but I can't find it! I know it should be on the inside frame rail on the drivers side, but I've looked through there with a flashlight and I've found nothing. Only filter I can see is the canister one between the...
  6. bad battery or other?

So, I've had a problem suddenly pop up over the last few days. I can't tell if it's that the battery won't hold a charge, or if the battery is being drained somehow. it started a couple of days ago when I went to start it up on Sat, and the battery was dead. i grabbed a quick jump charger and...
  7. '86 Stereo wiring diagram

Does anyone have a list of what wires are which in am '86? I got my stereo installed, checked and tested what I thought were the right wires. Stereo works and keeps memory but I keep popping the 5A fuse for the instrument lights. Harnesses were cut off before I got the truck. I'm not using the...
  8. EVR valve

Is there any way of testing a EVR valve? I've got a Clymer manual and I couldn't see anything about doing it.
  9. EVR making noise

Does anyone else's EVR make noise after they shut the truck off? Mine makes a vibrating sound like air rushing past a diaphram. If not, i wonder if this could be part of the reason I'm getting the EGR code on KOER
  10. What kind of amp?

I've installed my own auto stereos in the past, but I've never dealt with an amp before. I plan on installing it in my 88. I just picked up a new stereo that's nothng fancy that has 4x40w max. I found some dash speakers at the wreckers (Alpine) and I plan on mounting some 6x9's behind the seat...
  11. 4.0 rad into 2.9 motor - rad hose question

For swapping an Explorer 4.0 rad into a 2.9L, did you use the stock 2.9 lower rad hose or the one for the explorer? I was trying to price one out last night, and the ones for the explorer came in options like "heavy duty coolant" and normal. I wish I could remember where I saw the thread, but I...
  12. Repairing a vaccuum line

While checking vaccuum lines, I managed to break one of the plastic ones. I've never dealt with these plastic lines before. Will any auto place have replacements or are these a special fit?
  13. 4.0 rad into 2.9 - rad hose q?

please delete. posted elsewhere.
  14. I got codes! help translating?

I know I have this in another thread, but I could really use some help figuring out what these mean. Okay, I just did the KOEO test and it flashed 11 twice, long pause then one pulse (seperator), another long pause, then it flashed 34 twice, which according to the codes is: EVR - (O, R, M) EVP...
  15. Need help with parts list

I'm going to have to replace the front rotors on my truck. My manual is on the way and not in my posession yet, but the rotors are unsafe to me and should be replaced soon. So, besides for the rotor, I figure I might as well just repalce the inner and outer bearings instead of saving the old...
  16. Radiator - Flush or replace?

Okay, I had planned on changing my thermostat today, but instead of coolant coming out of the drain, I got this brown sludge slowly dripping out (and I do mean slowly!). Coolant on the top is nice and green, but this stuff is... ugh. I'm wondering how bad the rest of the system is. So besides...
  17. Good place for parts?

So where do guys normally go for your parts? Any good places online? US ones that deliver to Canada without getting raped at he border? I found out that my truck is going to require more work than I thought, so the more bucks I can save, the better (without sacrificing too much in quality).
  18. MSD Ignition boxes. Worth it?

Anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth the money?
  19. minimum rotor thickness?

what's the minimum rotor thickness for a 86 ranger 4x4? I can't see anythng stamped on the rotor. thanks
  20. Running crappy after tune up?

Ok, so here's the story... Around a week ago, I changed the plugs on the truck. It ran good with no noticeable problems. Around last Thursday, I changed the plug wires, cap, and rotor, and pressure washed off the motor to get rid of all the built up oil on it. The first thing I noticed was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad