• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97_4x4

TTB drop bracket specs

Does anyone have an AutoCAD file of the 6" skyjacker drop brackets? My career as a boilermaker has given me extensive experience with the fabrication of metal parts. I have access to a cnc plasma table, welders, metal brake, etc and am certain I could fab some drop brackets if I had the...
  2. 97_4x4

Extremely sloppy shifter.

Just picked up a 94 Ranger 4x4... It's a 4.0L 5 speed manual and the shifter is crazy sloppy. When in first or second gear the shifter will move about 2-3 inches in any direction. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd is an adventure. Usually involves leaning over into the passenger seat to get the top...
  3. 97_4x4

Skyjacker Coil spring dimentions

Does anyone have the specs or a link to the specs for the 4" and 6" Skyjacker coil springs? Lengths, OD, thickness, and spring rate? I used to have this info but can't find it now... Thanks...
  4. 97_4x4

Back in the Game....

After a 10 year absence from the Ranger and off-roading scene, I am happy to be picking this up tomorrow.... 1994 super cab 4.0L, 4x4 with a 5spd manual. Not thrilled about the manual trans as I hate going to the park and watching guys trying to wheel a manual transmission rock crawler...
  5. 97_4x4

97 5r55e to replace 94 A4LD?

After a LONG absence here, I am back and ready to start wheeling again. With my 97 being in pieces for the last 15 years and no time/money to finish the 1 ton axle swap any time soon, I am looking to get another stock/lightly modified 93-97 Ranger 4.0 and build an upgraded version of what.my...
  6. 97_4x4

I am Back. Anyone Remember Me?

After many years of being away from TRS, I am hoping to be back on here from time to time and hope to have the opportunity to help some members like i used to. Hoping to finish building up my 97 in the upcoming years and be back wheeling... Just wondered if any of you remembered me, if you...
  7. 97_4x4

Accident ?

I want everyones input on this. I was just involved in an accident with an atv. I had just been riding and was coming home. I was in my truck pulling my trailer with the grizzly on it. I was heading down a back road (speed limit not posted). I was doing between 40-45mph and a fairly straight...
  8. 97_4x4

totaled vehicle question?

I was on my way home from class last thursday night and hit a cow in the road with my work car, (a 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE coupe). The insurance company of the owner of the cow came and did the estimate. There is damage to the hood, fender, door, and rear quarter panel. The damage estimate...
  9. 97_4x4

What do you think it is worth?

I found a guy that rolled his 1993 Ranger, got the 4.0L, 4x4, Auto Trans. Was all stock, decent 31x10.5x15 tires. He rolled it and totaled it. Bed could be used for an off-road truck but its not great, no other usable body panels. Drive train should be good but no guarantee since it was...
  10. 97_4x4

OLD member saying hello. Long Time No See.

Just wondering whats been going on and if anyone I remember is still here. I have been gone almost 2 years now as I have had MANY changes in my life and way TOO many projects and no time. Plus the ranger is apart and don't have time or cash to complete the d60/eaton swap. Took almost 12...
  11. 97_4x4

Do I need to replace the master cylinder?

I am doing an SAS on the ranger and am using a eaton rear axle that I will be converting to disc brakes. I am pretty sure that I will need a master cylinder for 4 wheel disc's like and explorer master cylinder but just wanted to verify this. Thanks Chris
  12. 97_4x4

My Submissions...

I posted these earlier and I have no idea what happened to them so here it goes again... Chris
  13. 97_4x4

Welded Front with hydro assist?

As most of you know I am doing a SAS on the ranger and I WILL be doing a saginaw pump and a hyro assist (adding a cylinder) for the steering. What are your thoughts on welding the front diff with a additional power of the ram? I had my D35 welded and I hated it, couldn't turn but I had the...
  14. 97_4x4

Who knows about coilovers?

Ok, background. I am dong a SAS on a 1997 Ford Ranger. Swapping the TTB for a Ford D60. I will be using 14" fox coilovers, with a radius arm, trac-bar setup. I weighed the truck before tearing it apart and subtracting all the unsprung weight, I got it at 1100lb per corner, sprung weight, up...
  15. 97_4x4

Hydro Assist Steering

Can a stock ranger PS pump be tapped to run a hydro assist steering set up? If so where should it be tapped? Will be be able to keep up? And other than an extra fluid reservour is there any thing special the pump will need? Picks would be helpful... Thanks Chris
  16. 97_4x4

What do I need to know to get Dana 44 gears?

About the only thing you will need to know is if it is a high pinion or low pinion D44. Any high pinion fromt axle will be reverse rotation (reverse cut) gears. I am not sure on carrier breaks on D44 some else will have to help you there. May need a different carrier depending on the gears...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad