• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ABS rotors 2.5 times more?

I found out yesterday that I somehow cracked one of my front rotors so I am going to replace both. I was looking up prices online and found that a non-abs rotor is $43 and an abs one is $104. Originally my truck had 4 wheel abs, but it no longer works and I have no intentions of fixing it...
  2. New IAC, still high idle

I put a new IAC in my truck today, and I'm still having a high idle sometimes. Mostly when I'm coming up to a stop. It doesn't seem to matter if I push the clutch in or slip it into neutral, it still want to stick in the 1500-2000 rpm range. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
  3. Wiring question

I just rewired my ranger for a 7 pin harness, and now everything works except the the running lights. I had thought that the running lights were with the same wire as the tail lights but at a lower voltage, maybe the 7 pin is different? The auxiliary wire is for auxiliary power and not...
  4. Tool box under the hood

Has anyone done it yet? I'm getting a tool box together for when I'm off at college in case I need to fix something. I want to stick it under the hood since it's a lot more secure than the bed. Anyone else done this? Any pics?
  5. Train horn noise when in 4wd

We finally got enough snow that I had to use my 4wd around here, and it's making noises on me. It doesn't start immediately, but after a few minutes driving at a decent speed (~40mph), my truck suddenly starts sounding like a train horn. The noise will only go away if I come to a complete...
  6. can someone confirm my diagnosis?

The m5od in my truck is hard to shift into gear sometime. It won't grind, but it won't go into gear until the rpm falls to where engine speed matches the speed of the trans. It doesn't do this all the time though. This is a slave cylinder going out right? Edit: also when shifting to gears at...
  7. Axleshaft slinger?

I the process of swapping a wheel joint in my ranger, I am now missing a slinger. This happened because instead of swapping the joint on the shaft that was already in the truck, I pulled another shaft from my parts explorer and swapped a new joint in there to reduce the time my truck was down...
  8. Explorer and Ranger hitches the same?

I want to put a receiver on my 95 ranger, and my sister doesn't use the receiver on her 96 explorer. Would it be possible to grab the explorer receiver and bolt it up to my ranger? I've tried looking at different hitch manufacturers but can't seem to tell if they are the same or not.
  9. Is it possible to remove the oil pan by pulling the trans?

Trying to simplify some work here. My truck needs a new oil pan, I think the slave is going out, and I have a small leak between the trans and transfer case that I want to fix. I figured since I was pulling the trans anyway, I would like to try to change the oil pan then instead of pulling the...
  10. Hard starting, smells like gas

Over the last week or so, it seemed like my truck was taking longer longer to start. It got to the point last night that I could crank it for a good 5-7 seconds, give up, try again, and it would start right up. This seems to happen mostly when the truck is cold. Also, when getting in the...
  11. Can't get washer on D35 axle shaft

In the process of swapping hubs on my truck, I noticed that the washer on the axle shaft that goes on before the c clip is missing. I also can't pull the axle shaft out far enough that I can get the clip on with the washer on the axle. Any ideas on why this is happening? Also, is this washer...
  12. Bad ground/ batt?

Prior to today, everytime I turned the key in my ranger, it turned over with plenty of juice. When I went to start it today, it cranked slowly, but still started. I figured the dome light or something had just drained the battery overnight. I stopped for gas on the way to work, though, and...
  13. Oil pan

Is it possible to drop an oil pan on a 95 4x4 ranger without removing the engine or pulling the trans? Or am I stuck doing one of these things? My pan is really rusty and leaky
  14. Manual 1354 won't shift?

Odds are this is some dumb thing I'm missing, but I can't figure it out. I just bought a 95 ranger with a 3.0, m50d, and a manual 1354. I can't shift the case though. I've tried with the engine on and off, trans in neutral and in gear, I even sprayed some pb blaster on the linkage in case it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad