• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '95 2.3 Smoke on Start

So, my '95 2.3 smokes a little on start up. blue smoke, so probably oil. It does it first start and sometimes when it's already warmed up. Not a ton, just a little cloud puff that you can see and smell. This truck sat for several years and I don't know how often it was started. It's only...
  2. Bad Shake in the Steering

So, I just picked up a set of basically brand new tires that were on a 1st Gen Explorer. Got sick of the 14's on my 2wd Ranger. So now I have 235's on 15" rims which looks way better. I got them balanced the other day, tire shop never said anything looked bad, but since I've put them on...
  3. Best Clutch for 2.3?

my local parts store quoted me $400 for a clutch kit from Dynapac. I started looking online cause I thought that was high... Lot's to choose from... 2.3. reg cab, 2wd daily driver. Just my commuter... don't need super high performance... just good, strong, reliable clutch. any advice on...
  4. 1995 stock ranger turning radius SUCKS

So, my 1995 Ranger, Reg cab, 2WD, 4 banger, has like the worst turning radius of any vehicle I have ever owned. I have to do a 2 point turn just to park in most stalls. Is this normal or is there a specific problem I should be looking for? I had it aligned with no problems...
  5. 2008 Flares on 1995

i have done a lot of searching and can't seem to find a solid answer or not. Will the stock flares from a 2008 Ranger fit on my 1995? I can figure out how to mount them, I am just wondering if the box/fender shape is essentially the same? Thanks!
  6. Dana 35 Regear - pinion shim?

Ok, so I have finished my 8.8 regear, and started on the Dana 35. It's a 1992 Ford Explorer. Question is, the shim under the big pinion bearing is a slinger shim. It's like 4.45 inches across. This is a big shim, but there is nothing like it in the rebuild kit I got from Yukon. If I need...
  7. Howling from 2.3

So, just picked up a '95, 2wd, 2.3, manual for commuting. When it warms up, it makes a varied howling noise from what sounds like under the valve cover. If I loosen the oil fill cap, it goes away. It is being created by excess vaccum in the valve cover but I don't know what to do to make it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad