• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sloppy Gear shifter

I have a 94 ranger 2wd, 5 speed and the gear shifter is pretty sloppy. It wobbles all over the place. Anyone know where I can buy the gear shift bushing kit to fix this problem?
  2. Clutch fluid keeps on getting dirty

I changed the clutch fluid in less than 2,000 miles and every time it keeps on getting dirty again. The last time I changed it I pumped the clutch a few times and drained and refilled the resovior and it's clean. 500 miles later it's dirty again. Could it be a slave/master cylinder seal that's...
  3. Shifting knob fell off

Anybody had problems with the Shift knob falling on on the 5 speed? How do you keep it back on? Mine keeps on falling off.
  4. Rear shocks

I'm looking to buy a set of heavy duty rear shocks for my ranger. Right now I have the Gabriel Ultra Gold on there. I was shopping around and see that they have air ride shocks where you inflate them when your going to haul heavy loads. Anyone have this on their truck?
  5. Supercharger whining sound

My ranger makes a supercharger whining sound when I give it gas. The more gas I give it the more whine I hear. I know for sure I don't have a supercharger under the hood. What could it be? it sounds like it's the power steering but I checked my power steering fluid and it's topped off. Could it...
  6. Who owns this forum?

I wanted to know, who owns TRS forums? I remembered a few months back I got a PM from a member on this forum saying he is the owner of this forum and they he is starting some other truck website. I wanted to know if that was legit and who the real owner of this forum is?
  7. What's your top speed?

The 2.3L 4cylinder is pretty weak to begin with. I'm just curious, what is the top speed you ever hit on your 4 banger ranger?
  8. Ranger Mechanic from PA

I'm looking for a Mechanic that works on Rangers from PA or the surrounding area. Anybody?
  9. timing belt question

I have a 1994 ranger 2wd 5 speed 2.3 liter. I wanted to know if the timing belt snapped would it mess up my engine?
  10. 94 ranger - heavy vibration in neutral on highway

I have a 94 ranger 2wd 5 speed and when I cruise on the highway in 5 gear it doesn't vibrate that bad but when I put the gear in neutral it vibrates like crazy. When I put it back in 5th gear the vibration goes away. What do you think the problem is?
  11. 90,000 mile maintenance

Okay my Ranger is approaching the 90,000 mile maintenance. What do I need to get done at the 90,000 maintenance?
  12. Pitman arm is broken and leaking ps fluid

Okay I think my pitman arm is broken. It's leaking power steering fluid slowly. I priced the pitman arm and it's $50 on fleebay but my mechanic told me I also need to buy a rack and pinion. I can't seem to find a rack and pinion anywhere. Does the ranger even have a rack and pinion?
  13. Boat / Jetski Launch with 2WD ranger

I just bought a seadoo challenger jetboat and wanted to know if anyone have had any problems at the boat launch. I've seen some horrible things where the truck is 2wd and it dips in water just a little bit to lose traction and it gets stuck. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a 1994 Ranger...
  14. Where is the jack in the Ranger?

Okay I know this is dumb question but where is the jack located in the ranger? I noticed once I open my hood that there is the long crank arm for the jack. I see the spare tire in the bottom rear. One thing I can't find is the jack. Where is it located in the Ranger?
  15. Tire wears out more in the middle tread

I have a 2wd 1994 ranger with manual trans. My pitman arm is going bad so my front tire is wearing out more on the left inner side. I noticed that the rear tires are wearing more on the middle tread then the other. I've seen tires wearing more on the outer and inner treads but haven't seen...
  16. Making a flat cover for the bed

I sold my cap on craigslist. Now I'm want to get a cover for my ranger. I was thinking about building a flat hard cover out of wood so I could have stuff in the bed without having to worry about it getting wet. Anyone ever done this before?
  17. Camping with Ranger

Anyone here ever went camping with your Ranger? Please post your experience. I just bought some land and this summer I was thinking about taking my Ranger camping on that land since I don't have anything built yet. I was thinking about getting one of those pop up campers and use the Ranger to...
  18. Suspension upgrade for hauling extra weight

I have a 1994 Ranger XLT 4cyl manual. The most pallets I can haul to the pallet yard is 28 and that's really putting a strain on the suspension. I wanted to know what I could do to the rear suspension so that I could support the added weight. I could haul 50+ pallets to the pallet yard on the...
  19. Fuel Meter on empty

I have a 1994 Ranger XLT 4 banger 2WD, manual trans and it's having problems with the fuel indicator. At times the fuel level will be all the way empty and other times it will be half full and other times it will show past the full mark. How would I go about fixing this. It doesn't sound like...
  20. Gas Mileage with 4.0L Ranger

What kind of gas mileage have you been getting with your 4.0L Ranger Please include which state your from, automatic or manual, and 4x4 or 2wd.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad